Windows 10: I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??

Discus and support I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/greks006s [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greks006s, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??

/u/greks006s, Feb 15, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 15, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is??

1. I’m trying to reset my PC. Does anybody know what this is?? - Similar Threads - I’m trying reset

2. what are these lines does anybody know the fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what are these lines does anybody know the fix?: hello when i try to start a game up and play it for a few minutes these weird lines appear on the game does anybody know what it is and how to fix it?...
  3. what are these lines does anybody know the fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are these lines does anybody know the fix?: hello when i try to start a game up and play it for a few minutes these weird lines appear on the game does anybody know what it is and how to fix it?...
  4. Anybody know whats happening to my apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody know whats happening to my apps?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/valeexx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3vy4x/anybody_know_whats_happening_to_my_apps/
  5. does anybody know what caused this and how to fix this?

does anybody know what caused this and how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProudNineYrOld [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2f9wb/does_anybody_know_what_caused_this_and_how_to_fix/
  6. Anybody know what this icon is?

Anybody know what this icon is?: I’ve noticed this icon, only on video games. You guys familiar with it? Or is it built in with the system? Here. Thanks submitted by /u/Muzziken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbf0sz/anybody_know_what_this_icon_is/
  7. Anybody know how to fix this? I’m trying to update the drivers for my Ethernet controller....

Anybody know how to fix this? I’m trying to update the drivers for my Ethernet controller....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigFFin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gr9suq/anybody_know_how_to_fix_this_im_trying_to_update/
  8. GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?

GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?: I found it installed in my programs list today: https://i.imgur.com/LnfnsPU.png Apparently it's from Microsoft, but I can't find any official info on it. There's another recent thread about it here and nobody there knows what it is either. submitted by /u/sheburns...
  9. I’m trying to reset my pc

I’m trying to reset my pc: Every time I attempt to reset my pc I get the error messages “No changes were made” and pretty much can’t reset it, I’ve tried lots of things and searched it up on YouTube and nothing has helped.. submitted by /u/Anonymous3k [link] [comments]...
  10. Anybody know what these artifacts are?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody know what these artifacts are?: What they are, what causes them and, most importantly, how to get rid of them......... [img] 119506