Windows 10: I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

Discus and support I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it So now I'm trying to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by M1ghty boy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it

So now I'm trying to save snipping tool, so baby steps were to copy it into it's own folder and see if it works.. no luck. Just gives me a blank error. So I searched far and wide for it's dependencies and DLLs and found these:

hal.dll
    SnippingTool.exe.mui

So i thought that by giving it these (and the respectable folder that the mui goes in) it would at least spit out a comprehensible error message (like telling me what DLL is missing) but nope, nothing. So can some people tell me what DLLs and dependencies snipping tool is using so I can try and save it from it's inevitable death in a future windows 10 update
    Thanks I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? :)

:)

M1ghty boy, Oct 29, 2019

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Debbiehyg Win User
    Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Oct 29, 2019
  4. MarkFilip Win User

I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

Windows 10 snipping tool no longer saves

Recently, my Windows 10 snipping tool has stopped saving files. I can do everything in the snipping tool except save or "save as". I don't know when this started, but it's been within the last month. When I snip something and choose "save as", no window
    comes up prompting me for a save location. If I snip something and just try to close the tool I'm prompted on whether or not I want to save and even clicking on "Yes" just exits the tool with no save.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know.

Moved From:

MarkFilip, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

1. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? - Similar Threads - I'm trying save

2. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?: So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it So now I'm trying to save snipping tool, so baby steps were to copy it into it's own folder and see if it works.. no luck. Just gives me a blank error....
  3. Restrict use of Snip & Sketch tool

Restrict use of Snip & Sketch tool: Hello Colleagues, In our company screenshots and snipping tools are prohibited for security reason. With latest Windows 10 Feature update 1809 we got a headache with "Snip & Sketch" tool. How to block this tool on users computers? - I discovered that even regular(non-admin)...
  4. Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time: I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) 1. Open a snipping tool 2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set) 3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk) 4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if...
  5. UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10)

UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10): When I try to use the Snipping Tool on computer, it is prompting the User Account Control. I am an Adminstrator on my computer. I don't want to turn it off, but I also don't want it to keep prompting me everytime I use the Snipping Tool....
  6. snipping tool not saving as a recognizable pic format. Saving as 28295_0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snipping tool not saving as a recognizable pic format. Saving as 28295_0: Two days ago everything worked fine. But yesterday Whenever I snip a pic and try to drag it to Canva it's giving me this upload error: We could not upload some of your files because they aren't a format Canva understands. Please chooses only .jpg .png or .svg files ot...
  7. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...
  8. Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool: I understand that MS are going to drop the snipping tool. I really like it and use it a lot. Is there any way to save the app to re-install when they remove it? Thank You 117902
  9. Cannot use snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use snipping tool: HI all : I click on the snipping tool that I have pinned to my task bar , It opens on the 4 th monitor , in a small box . I can't click new . see the picture . thanks . I would really like to have this feature back ... [img] 111445
  10. Snipping tool saves files hidden by default

Snipping tool saves files hidden by default: I recently performed a reset on my PC. The Windows accessory snipping tool now saves files as hidden by default, no matter where I save them. This problem also occurs intermittently with Save As. Before the reset, Snipping Tool did not hide saved files by default. I read that...