Windows 10: I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

Discus and support I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it So now I'm trying to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by M1ghty boy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it

So now I'm trying to save snipping tool, so baby steps were to copy it into it's own folder and see if it works.. no luck. Just gives me a blank error. So I searched far and wide for it's dependencies and DLLs and found these:

hal.dll
    SnippingTool.exe.mui

So i thought that by giving it these (and the respectable folder that the mui goes in) it would at least spit out a comprehensible error message (like telling me what DLL is missing) but nope, nothing. So can some people tell me what DLLs and dependencies snipping tool is using so I can try and save it from it's inevitable death in a future windows 10 update
    Thanks I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? :)

:)

M1ghty boy, Oct 29, 2019

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Debbiehyg Win User
    Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Oct 29, 2019
  4. MarkFilip Win User

I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

Windows 10 snipping tool no longer saves

Recently, my Windows 10 snipping tool has stopped saving files. I can do everything in the snipping tool except save or "save as". I don't know when this started, but it's been within the last month. When I snip something and choose "save as", no window
    comes up prompting me for a save location. If I snip something and just try to close the tool I'm prompted on whether or not I want to save and even clicking on "Yes" just exits the tool with no save.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know.

Moved From:

MarkFilip, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

1. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use? - Similar Threads - I'm trying save

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  4. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

8. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  9. I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?

I'm trying to save snipping tool, What DLLs/dependencies does it use?: So basically I'm on Win10 1903 and it's telling me that snipping tool is moving to snip&sketch, so i tried it, and hated it So now I'm trying to save snipping tool, so baby steps were to copy it into it's own folder and see if it works.. no luck. Just gives me a blank error....
  10. Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time: I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) 1. Open a snipping tool 2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set) 3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk) 4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if...