Windows 10: I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection...

Discus and support I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/crbob100 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crbob100, Jan 27, 2021.

1. I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection...

/u/crbob100, Jan 27, 2021

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings"

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue with the monitors?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What happens when you try to duplicate the monitors?

I suggest you to try changing the display ports of the monitors and check if the second monitor is getting detected.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try rolling back the driver.

To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Display adaptor.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA
      Drivers and select Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Change the screen resolution.

1. Go to Settings>System>Display.
    2. Under Resolution, set the resolution as 1024 x 768.
    3. Set the same resolution on the other monitor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection...

Panel Project on second monitor

Hi,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Have checked your display settings if your first monitor was set as the main display?

• Have you checked if your drivers are updated?

• Does this matter occur before?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done
      so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection...

1. I'm trying to set up my old laptop as my second monitor through the Display Projection... - Similar Threads - I'm trying set

2. Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...: Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in middle of white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-access-display-settings-to-set-up-second/24c8f288-ce6f-48fc-b935-82cb7a4c0863
  3. Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...: Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in middle of white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-access-display-settings-to-set-up-second/24c8f288-ce6f-48fc-b935-82cb7a4c0863
  4. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  5. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  6. help projecting my laptop through my mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    help projecting my laptop through my mobile: hello I need help I want to projecting my laptop through my mobile but when I try to connect in mobile it need laptop password while in laptop require PIN for pairing setting I set NEVER so please help me to know which password needed? 157238
  7. How to use old monitor as second display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use old monitor as second display: Hi everyone. I’m having trouble setting up a relatively older monitor as a second display with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop only has an HDMI port (as expected). The monitor does not have an HDMI connection and only has the older connector (I believe it’s serial but I...
  8. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  9. setting up a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    setting up a second monitor: I want to see different screens on the monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-second-monitor/78b685e8-8521-4937-9023-572ff24778b7
  10. second laptop for display monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535