Windows 10: I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...

Discus and support I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tallspartan117 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tallspartan117, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...

/u/tallspartan117, Apr 4, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Setup dual monitor in Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to press Windows Key + P on keyboard and follow onscreen instruction to setup dual monitor in Windows 10. As there is a conflict in connecting multiple hardware you may also
    Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 4, 2020
  4. I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...

System font size varies while trying to access the trackpad on Windows 10

Hi Scott,

As you are facing issues with font size increase and decrease while trying to access the touchpad, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Does this issue happens with any specific task on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to use external mouse, connect it to your laptop, try to reproduce and check if the issue persists. This will let us know if the issue is with mouse pad or the operating system.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable trackpad, restart the laptop, re-enable and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and...

1. I'm trying to setup a monitor for my laptop but windows 10 says they are the same size and... - Similar Threads - I'm trying setup

2. Display settings say my monitors are different sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings say my monitors are different sizes: I have two monitors, both 15.6", and display settings say they are both different sizes, and I can't find a way to correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-say-my-monitors-are-different/f1b22478-b128-4025-bc96-e29f50443da7
  3. Display settings say my monitors are different sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings say my monitors are different sizes: I have two monitors, both 15.6", and display settings say they are both different sizes, and I can't find a way to correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-say-my-monitors-are-different/f1b22478-b128-4025-bc96-e29f50443da7
  4. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  5. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  6. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  8. Windows thinks same size monitors are different?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows thinks same size monitors are different?: So I just got a 1440p monitor to compliment the 4k monitor I got when I built my PC. They both are 27” but obviously are different resolutions. When I go to arrange my screens, the 1440p monitor shows as smaller than the 4k monitor, despite them being the same size. Any idea...
  9. Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format: Hello, below is what I currently see in Activation section under the Windows Settings of my Asus laptop. [img] I will be formatting the laptop and installing Win 10 Pro fresh via the same USB bootable media as I did before. My query is during the Win 10 setup do I enter...
  10. Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format: Hello, below is what I currently see in Activation section under the Windows Settings of my Asus laptop. [img] I will be formatting the laptop and installing Win 10 Pro fresh via the same USB bootable media as I did before. My query is during the Win 10 setup do I enter...