Windows 10: I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another

Discus and support I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The old computer license is connected to Microsoft account but I don't know how to switch to this computer. The troubleshooter shows Error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kgc_jones, May 13, 2020.

1. Kgc_jones Win User

I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another

The old computer license is connected to Microsoft account but I don't know how to switch to this computer. The troubleshooter shows Error code: 0xC004C003 on this computer. My old computer is activated but I don't know if I should remove the old one before or after I try to switch. I'm not sure of the step by step order of this problem. Thank you for your help...

:)

Kgc_jones, May 13, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 13, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 13, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another - Similar Threads - I'm trying switch

2. Switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. I want to install it to a new device without having issue with activation. How can I achieve that?...
  3. Switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. I want to install it to a new device without having issue with activation. How can I achieve that?...
  4. Switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. So if I install the win 10 to my new pc and login to my account is it just gonna activate or i have to deactivate the old one? Thx for any answers and...
  6. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. So if I install the win 10 to my new pc and login to my account is it just gonna activate or i have to deactivate the old one? Thx for any answers and...
  7. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...: Hi, is it possible to deactivate from one computer and use the same product key on another computer? The device I'm deactivating has Windows 11 and I'm gonna try to use the key on a Windows 10 one....
  9. Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...

Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...: Hi, is it possible to deactivate from one computer and use the same product key on another computer? The device I'm deactivating has Windows 11 and I'm gonna try to use the key on a Windows 10 one....
  10. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....