Windows 10: I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,...

Discus and support I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BillyTheSquare [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillyTheSquare, Jan 23, 2020.

1. I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,...

/u/BillyTheSquare, Jan 23, 2020
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,... [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jan 23, 2020
  4. I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,...

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,...

1. I'm trying to tag this file but there's no option to, neither here on the details plane,... - Similar Threads - I'm trying tag

2. I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the...: I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the properties window is greyed out and I can't uncheck the box.Waiting for an answer. Thank you!...
  3. I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the...: I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the properties window is greyed out and I can't uncheck the box.Waiting for an answer. Thank you!...
  4. I'm trying to decrypt files that were by mistake encrypted, but the option in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I'm stuck here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck here: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BadNameThinkerOfer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx0ssm/im_stuck_here/
  6. Adding Tags & Details to Folders Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Tags & Details to Folders Update?: Is there any (easy) was to add details or tags to folders? I have no coding-type knowledge/ experience. I know this is an old question (to which the answers I've found are all NO), but I'm hoping that maybe Microsoft has a feature hidden in Windows 10 that I might not have...
  7. Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags: I want to add tags to my files, especially picture files and Photoshop PSD files. My details pane does not show hardly ANY of the information that I see on help guides for how to add tags! How can I make the details pane show tags so that I can tag my f***ing pictures?...
  8. Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here: Hi there. Mp3vtag is obviously an excellent program for tagging multi media etc but unfortunately it suffers the same problem as other windows programs that make use of file explorer (or class to it) - namely you come up gainst the file / directory / length limitation (260...
  9. Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane: I don't know if this is just me or not, but it seems like whenever I use the details pane to edit the tags of .flac audio files, File Explorer really starts slow down. I also have this problem whenever I simply highlight .flac audio files in File Explorer. I notice that this...
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...