Windows 10: Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this...

Discus and support Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1qg0fol345161.png?width=993&format=png&auto=webp&s=445d3346367034c7c5a02269d6518e5c4ed9325a submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Granuloma-man, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this...

/u/Granuloma-man, Nov 24, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 24, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this...

Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this...

1. Im trying to update my dell laptop using windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting this... - Similar Threads - trying update dell

2. I'm trying to upgrade my Dell laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to upgrade my Dell laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10.: Hi,I'm trying to upgrade my Dell laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The install gets so far and then I get a "SetupDiag.exe has stopped working" message and the process stops.The drop down lists the following:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication name:...
  3. im trying to update my windows 7 to a windows 10 but everytime i try i get an unexpected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to update my windows 7 to a windows 10 but everytime i try i get an unexpected...: im trying to update my windows 7 to a 10 but every time i try to i get an unexpected error that pops up. what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-my-windows-7-to-a-windows-10/7eafb248-8dde-4dd7-a947-e2e3734c333a
  4. Windows 10 update failed using update assistant

Windows 10 update failed using update assistant: I had ran windows update reset and then used the Windows Update assistant tool to update my laptop.After I restarted it to update after some while it failed and then rollback-ed.C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log...
  5. Support Assist Recovery Assistant - "Dell Update Not Installed"

Support Assist Recovery Assistant - "Dell Update Not Installed": Recently I had to reset my computer, and now I've gotten to file recovery, but when it gets to the "check for updates" section it says "dell update not installed", but there are no updates available and I've run the update trouble shooter. I just really need my files back and...
  6. im trying to update my F#@!ING windows but i get this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im trying to update my F#@!ING windows but i get this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/samyarkhafan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka9mhz/im_trying_to_update_my_fing_windows_but_i_get_this/
  7. I'm about to use windows update assistant to force 20h2 on my laptop

I'm about to use windows update assistant to force 20h2 on my laptop: Will windows update assistant download the same large operating system as windows 10 2004 or will only download the enablement package? submitted by /u/Disastrous_Ad7339 [link] [comments]...
  8. I tried updating to Windows 10 version 2004 using the Update Assistant, but just when it...

I tried updating to Windows 10 version 2004 using the Update Assistant, but just when it...: I am running Windows 10 Pro for Education. I did search the internet for a fix, but none of the solutions suggested worked, though I found a few threads on Microsoft answers of some people having the same issue with the Anniversary update. Apparently it was a bug in Windows...
  9. Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail

Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail: I'd like to update to 1903 on my main desktop PC. I downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant and started the process. Eventually I get a message saying "You can't install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." The thing is, there is no USB flash drive attached to the...
  10. Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant: How to: Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant How to Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Windows 10 Update Assistant If you have an older Windows Update. You can check which version of Windows 10 your device is currently running to...