Windows 10: I'm unable to access settings and other Built-In applications.

Discus and support I'm unable to access settings and other Built-In applications. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been unable to access a lot of built-in application that regards to microsoft or Xbox or even settings as it either opens for a few seconds and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mel320, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Mel320 Win User

I'm unable to access settings and other Built-In applications.

I've been unable to access a lot of built-in application that regards to microsoft or Xbox or even settings as it either opens for a few seconds and immediately closes without an error message Microsoft Store, doesn't open at all most xbox related applications, opens but closes once you go on any specific option failing to load anything ultimately closing itself without warning or an error message settings, or being unable to sign in with " There is a problem. Access is denied. Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070005 0x80070005 " and not being able to attempt to sign in again until I restart the program.

My computer did had an issue recently on having the restart button stuck for quite a bit having the computer to constantly restart several times but I'm unsure that may have caused the problem.

I've been unable to diagnose the problem for days and I'm rather unfamiliar with Windows 10 but i assume maybe some files have gotten corrupted?

I've tried using the command "sfc /scan now" but an error occurred with this error message : "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. "

I've tried to download the latest update hoping to fix it but i was already on the latest update and i can't uninstall it because settings won't open.

I'd appreciate some help. I only had this computer for a few months.

:)

Mel320, Jun 23, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Unable to access applications

Hi Rick,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the exact error message are you getting?
    • What other apps that are not accessible aside from iTunes?
    • Can you provide as a screenshot of the latest update history?

To view the update history on your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+i and then select Update & security.
    • Under UPDATE & SECURITY, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, select View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm unable to access settings and other Built-In applications. - Similar Threads - I'm unable access

2. Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...: Hi, My laptop is unable to access the internet from my mobile's hotspot, and also to open Wi-Fi networks. It only connects to my Home's Wi-Fi connection. I tried everything i could , like restarting, resetting the adaptors etc and the problem persists....
  3. Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications are unable to access internet, when connected to my mobile's or other mobile's...: Hi, My laptop is unable to access the internet from my mobile's hotspot, and also to open Wi-Fi networks. It only connects to my Home's Wi-Fi connection. I tried everything i could , like restarting, resetting the adaptors etc and the problem persists....
  4. i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...: hi,I’m currently having problems with my personal laptop where it is telling me it is linked to my school accountmy laptop was working fine and I never had my school account linked with it, I was only logged in on some apps and could go about accessing all settings until now,...
  5. i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...: hi,I’m currently having problems with my personal laptop where it is telling me it is linked to my school accountmy laptop was working fine and I never had my school account linked with it, I was only logged in on some apps and could go about accessing all settings until now,...
  6. i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...

7. I'm unable to access "E:\WindowsApps\"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to access "E:\WindowsApps\": I'm unable to access "e:\WindowsApps\" where games are installed from the Xbox application. Why as the device admin am I not allowed to access this location or edit the security settings?It was my understanding that this Microsoft removed this flaw and I should be able to...
  8. I'm unable to access "E:\WindowsApps\"

I'm unable to access "E:\WindowsApps\": I'm unable to access "e:\WindowsApps\" where games are installed from the Xbox application. Why as the device admin am I not allowed to access this location or edit the security settings?It was my understanding that this Microsoft removed this flaw and I should be able to...
  9. I'm unable to set up pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm unable to set up pin: I used to sign into my computer with a password. My computer just updated and now it's asking me to sign in with a pin. I never created a pin. I click on I forgot my pin and it asked me to sign into the account. After I sign into my account, it ask me if I'm sure if I want to...
  10. Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application: I'm trying to remove uTorrent in the list of my installed Applications. As far as i recall i think it was deleted directly in the folder where it was located at the time. Now i'm getting the error below.[ATTACH] Cheers!...