Windows 10: I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app

Discus and support I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I already have 3 emails in there but I can't add a 4th one (it gets stuck at the moment after I typed the email and password info and then the pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jerriy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. jerriy Win User

I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app

I already have 3 emails in there but I can't add a 4th one (it gets stuck at the moment after I typed the email and password info and then the pop up starts processing the result. It shows a message "creating account" but nothing further happens. No new account is added to the inbox.

:)

jerriy, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's  "Mail" app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 25, 2019
  3. unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Did you check for any pending updates on your Computer? If not, I suggest you to check for any pending updates as in the above reply and install the updates if there are any pending.

Also, did you try all the troubleshooting steps in the article given above? If not, I suggest you to try the steps explained in the article and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persist, even after trying all the troubleshooting steps provided above, I would suggest you
    to uninstall and reinstall the mail app and check if the issue can be resolved.

Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the mail app.

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box and
      right click on Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator

• Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell command window and press Enter.

• Now, you may re-install the
      Mail App
      from the Windows Store. To install Mail App from Windows Store, Go to
      Windows Store from start menu, and type
      Mail App
      in the search bar, then click on Install.

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Get back to us if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 25, 2019
  4. I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app

unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Please provide us with the build version of the Windows for better clarity of the issue. To check the build number, follow the below steps.

• Press the hotkey Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

• In the Run dialog, type winver and press Enter.

• This will open the About Windows window displaying the Windows version and the build number in it.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter from the below link and check if the issue you can see the emails in the subfolders.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install any pending updates in the Computer and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to install any pending updates:

• Press Windows key+ I to open the Settings.
    • Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.
    • Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting steps provided, and check if the issue still persist.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app

1. I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app - Similar Threads - I'm unable add

2. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  3. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  4. Unable to see emails in Mail app

Unable to see emails in Mail app: I have been using windows 10 and Windows Mail for emailing for years. I have about 35 mail boxes into which a save email messages I wish to keep. Suddenly, they have all been emptied and the contents not visible. The message says "Nothing has arrived yet". What has caused...
  5. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app: Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try to sync the emails: “We couldnt access this account :talktalk.You might need to update your password or give the account...
  6. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  7. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  8. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  9. Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.: Tried removing eml a/c ,rebooting & reloading . Still get "Attention required/update password" loop . (Account works fine in WLM and on Web) Mail is supposed to be the simple option for migrating from WLM .Can someone prove it ?!...
  10. unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app: Hi, I have been trying to add new email in control panel -> mail app After entering the email and password in the following screen and with the 'next' button clicked The following screen displayed and prompts for my password again. It keeps prompting for...