Windows 10: I'm unable to move a file to a separate file, as I need "permission from Everyone."

Discus and support I'm unable to move a file to a separate file, as I need "permission from Everyone." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there! Currently, I'm attempting to move two files, 'OrangeEmu64.dll,' and 'OrangeEmu.dll' to a separate directory. Both of which, when attempting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eva P :, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Eva P : Win User

I'm unable to move a file to a separate file, as I need "permission from Everyone."

Hey there! Currently, I'm attempting to move two files, 'OrangeEmu64.dll,' and 'OrangeEmu.dll' to a separate directory. Both of which, when attempting to copy to the desired location, say I require permission from everyone to make changes to the file. I am the only user that uses this laptop, and I possess administrator privileges. On advice from a different thread with a similar problem to mine, I downloaded a registry script which allows me to take ownership of a file by selecting 'Take Ownership' when right clicking on a file, however, it isn't working.

Furthermore, I lack the permissions to open these files, or to see and adjust the files' properties. When in the properties tab, the 'Security' tab does not appear, and as such, I am unaware how I can get the permissions to just move the darn file.

Can't wait to hear a response, thank you for reading.

:)

Eva P :, Jan 22, 2021

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jan 22, 2021
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Jan 22, 2021
  4. regan1985 Win User

I'm unable to move a file to a separate file, as I need "permission from Everyone."

making file lists

the command f did get some files but not all of them? any idea why?

i used the command h:/tree /f films

and it gave me a a list of files from M to Z

regan1985, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. I'm unable to move a file to a separate file, as I need "permission from Everyone." - Similar Threads - I'm unable move

2. Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required: I transferred files onto an external hard drive from a work computer before being given a new computer. The old computer was a Dell running Windows 10, and the new computer is also a Dell running Windows 10. The hard drive is formatted with the exFAT file system. When I try...
  3. Permissions to move/delete files

Permissions to move/delete files: I am logged in as administrator on my computer, but when I need to move or delete folders/files it says I need administrator permission and does nothing. Also two other messages when I try to do something with a file/folder: 1 the item is no longer located in C: 2 the item is...
  4. Need permission to move and delete, even though I own the files.

Need permission to move and delete, even though I own the files.: Whenever I try to delete or move items in the Documents, Pictures, and Videos folders in the "This PC" tab, it tells me that I need to provide administrator permission to delete/move it. When I press "Continue", it tells me that I need permission from myself. I'm...
  5. Need permission from Everyone to make changes to this file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need permission from Everyone to make changes to this file: I recently reinstalled Windows and am having permission problems with files on external drives. I have tried changing the ownership of the drives to Everyone (also tried with Admin), and I've set permissions and auditing Everyone with full control for the drive and for the...
  6. File Permission Issue Moving File from XP to 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Permission Issue Moving File from XP to 10: I have a Windows 10 pc Dell Inspiron and an old XP Dell 8400. I was moving my music files over from the XP to the 10. About 90% of them worked, but the other 10% failed with a message of not having administrator permission to move some of the files. There were a few...
  7. You'll need Admin permission to move this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need Admin permission to move this file: Trying to move a dmp file into a folder to upload here for another thread, but I get this message. [ATTACH] here's a s shot of my Manage Accounts, aren't I the administrator? Obviously not so how would I correct this?? I just had Win 10 installed on this computer a month...
  8. why do i need permission to move a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why do i need permission to move a file: why do i need permission to move a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-permission-to-move-a-file/432fb39d-ba58-4651-a82e-538975271b47"
  9. You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file

You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file: I cant copy a file from a cd drive and the one solution I've seen doesn't work as this file doesn't have a security tab under properties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-everyone-to-make/d0c54115-9ce5-474e-ad16-74d2024e2d4e"
  10. Need permissions for file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permissions for file: I am developing in c++ with the DevC++ IDE. This IDE automatically creates a .exe file when you compile and run. This will work fine for the first 10 times or so but eventually I get the error that I do not have the permissions for the .exe file that the IDE outputs. I am an...