Windows 10: I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume

Discus and support I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've been trying to adjust my input and output volume manually, because Teams is too loud at 100%. I've noticed that when I adjust slider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/undead-inside, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume

I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume cCA496rvtIb_B3I_U7UEx5REilxnlwq71YyxzRsvj_4.jpg

I've been trying to adjust my input and output volume manually, because Teams is too loud at 100%. I've noticed that when I adjust slider in the Mixer, it reduces Speech Runtime Executable as well, which for some reason reduces my input volume. This happens with all apps that use voice. For example, if I lower the Teams volume, my mic input is also reduced. But if I'm in a Discord VC at the same time and I manually adjust the Discord volume slider, it adjusts the Speech Runtime Exe slider accordingly. It's really weird and I'm not able to figure out why the input and output volume are linked to each other. Is there any way around this?

Edit: Windows 10 Home Single Language, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1316

https://preview.redd.it/t3ena15qvmc...bp&s=9a4cee552c8f423274c8059865f39583ae2584eb

submitted by /u/undead-inside
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/undead-inside, Jan 21, 2021
  2. techgrunt Win User

Attempting to separate a line input into separate left and right line input sliders in windows sound control area

Hey all,

I am trying to setup a m-audio m-track 8 so that each line input shows up as a separate input or output under the sound control panel. Right now windows seems to map them in left and right pairs which does not meet my needs as effectively as the software
    packages I am going to be using will only use the left channel in the present configuration thus wasting half of the inputs and outputs.

Is there a way of forcing windows to map all the inputs and outputs as separate devices rather than paired? (see picture) This would then make all eight of the inputs and outputs accessible and useable for me making for maximum use of the device.

Note: the one line input pair is just retitled to remind me to use the left channel of the pair and is not a mono channel.

I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume 34485281-ce64-4e2e-bfa8-2cb3ee11e8b9.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help,

techgrunt, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Jan 21, 2021
  4. I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume

Attempting to separate a line input into separate left and right line input sliders in windows sound control area

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Does this happened in the previous version of Windows?
    • Did you able to separate input or output under the sound control panel in your prior Windows versions?
    Usually on Windows, it detects the devices automatically and there are limited controls given to the users which are available under Sound in control panel.

I.e. whenever we connect any device it detects it as per Windows is programmed to detect it. Also it depends on the device driver that you are using. So if M-Track Eight from M-Audio has any configuration to do these changes you might need to contact
    the device manufacture about this.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume

1. I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume - Similar Threads - I'm unable separately

2. I'm unable to install my input microphone....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to install my input microphone....: I've tried everything. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-install-my-input-microphone/e0cf0970-f53e-439b-adfd-231aa6be4975
  3. I'm unable to install my input microphone....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to install my input microphone....: I've tried everything. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-install-my-input-microphone/e0cf0970-f53e-439b-adfd-231aa6be4975
  4. No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable: I have no way to connect to the internet although I have the drivers installed and yet I cannot see or retrieve the icon nor can I go to settings and connect to any Wi-Fi even if I used a cable it would not show internet, the sound on the other hand shows an ‘x’ underneath it...
  5. No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable: I have no way to connect to the internet although I have the drivers installed and yet I cannot see or retrieve the icon nor can I go to settings and connect to any Wi-Fi even if I used a cable it would not show internet, the sound on the other hand shows an ‘x’ underneath it...
  6. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?: I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can get the sound right is by lowering the master volume in the sound settings of windows 10 but that also makes my mic too quiet....
  7. Separation of input and output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separation of input and output devices: I want to use my audio port as a microphone and use another device as an output. The issue is that when I plugged in my microphone to the audio port it worked well, but the speaker did not work at all. I tried to change the output device to a Bluetooth headphone but I...
  8. Separate audio outputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...
  9. Separate audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...
  10. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c