Windows 10: I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).

Discus and support I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out). in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristiLyson, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).

I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).

:)

ChristiLyson, Jun 10, 2019

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Jun 10, 2019
  4. I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

After some upgrade about 60 days ago, I am unable to use Mail and Calender app in Windows 10, it will not allow me to uninstall the app to reinstall as suggested by the store. The app is grayed out and no option to uninstall. I have tried Windows Powershell
    , as suggested by other users with similar problems but it says this file may be corrupted. So I ran a deep virus scan with no success. Is there any other steps I can take.

Chrissy Blue

ChrissyBlue, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out).

1. I'm unable to uninstall xbox apps on my desktop and I don't want them (option is grayed out). - Similar Threads - I'm unable uninstall

2. Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whatsapp desktop asking for update, but I'm unable to update app.: WhatsApp asking me to update the app, but when I try to access the update, there is nothing to click. When checking the Microsoft play store and checking my library, WhatsApp isn't there at all. When accessing my settings from windows, WhatsApp is an app, but there is no...
  3. Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings: Not sure - but my code work a while back with no problems. It seems after a while MS changes something and I am unable to lock down the proxy like before. Anyways, I need to be able to gray out the proxy settings for both limit and administrator accounts. In the registry I...
  4. Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere: [ATTACH] For the past several months I've been seeing gray bars on my screen - regardless of whether I'm in a program or not. I'm running the October update to Win 10 on a Dell XPS desktop. I do not want these bars but I can't get rid of them. The flow off to the right from...
  5. I want to uninstall KB4465664 update but uninstall option is not showing. Is there any way...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to uninstall KB4465664 update but uninstall option is not showing. Is there any way...: I want to uninstall KB4465664 update but uninstall option is not showing. Is there any way to uninstall it ? Please suggest.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-uninstall-kb4465664-update-but-uninstall/1c271f0c-aa75-48d8-8316-8c2d2e16f954
  6. gpedit.msc`s interactive logon options are grayed out.

gpedit.msc`s interactive logon options are grayed out.: Greetings, Could someone please let me know how I can edit the following interactive logon options since they are grayed out? [ATTACH] The PC is in a domain. [ATTACH] Thanks in advance....
  7. Windows apps don't work can I disable them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps don't work can I disable them?: None of my windows apps will open. I have posted about this several times before with no help. So now I learned to live without most of those programs. Since Defender doesn't open either, can I disabled it? What about Edge, can that be disabled? 115816
  8. Windows apps don't work can I disable them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps don't work can I disable them?: None of my windows apps will open. I have posted about this several times before with no help. So now I learned to live without most of those programs. Since Defender doesn't open either, can I disabled it? What about Edge, can that be disabled? 115816
  9. Are there any pointer splash animations.. cos I don't want them.

Are there any pointer splash animations.. cos I don't want them.: With Windows 7 there where splash animations when in photoshop and other places... they took much internet research to get rid of and I was thankful I had bought the Premium version as it was easier to get rid of them. Hope this link posts... it takes you to the main 'cure'...
  10. Automatic App Updates Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic App Updates Grayed Out: It says to contact the system admin about changing that setting, but I am the one and only user of this computer... [img] 13147