Windows 10: I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro

Discus and support I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterdays updates trashed my brand new Windows 10 Pro desktop - The media creation tool only has 10, not Pro, will that work anyway or will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Magyver, May 17, 2020.

1. Magyver Win User

I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro

Yesterdays updates trashed my brand new Windows 10 Pro desktop - The media creation tool only has 10, not Pro, will that work anyway or will it overwrite my Pro with 10?

:)

Magyver, May 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro [​IMG]

It offers this now-

I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro [​IMG]

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

David Bailey, May 17, 2020
  3. FKTRY Win User
    Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

Where can I find a Media Creation Tool that will create Windows 10 Pro media?

The current media creation tool available here:

Download Windows 10

creates a Windows 10 Home install on my laptop.

The only reason I can think of for this behavior is that there is a Windows 8.1 Home SLIC entry in the BIOS, and it is assuming that "Home" is therefore the correct version to install. However I was running Windows 8.1 Pro (purchased separately from the
    laptop) and successfully did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro before running into software problems caused by the in-place upgrade.

Bottom line - where can I find Windows 10 Pro installation media? The in-place install doesn't work for me and the current Media Creation Tool creates media that incorrectly installs Windows 10 Home.

FKTRY, May 17, 2020
  4. I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro

Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

Use only this link to
    Media Creation Tool
    to download and install it now, take the requested screenshots again.

When did you originally Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? Did you confirm it was Activated and that the Activation read for Pro.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 17, 2020
Thema:

I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro

1. I'm unsure about the Media Creation Tool, it only has Windows 10, not Pro - Similar Threads - I'm unsure Media

2. About the 20H2 Media Creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About the 20H2 Media Creation tool: Last week i tried to format my PC due to some technical probs like file corruption and crashes due to drivers. Usually i would stick to media creation tool but i didnt expect the media creation tool to be somewhat problamatic part from the usb installation thingy. The problem...
  3. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool: We are an IT company that routinely performs scratch installs for Windows 10 Pro using the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. We now have several accounts that required Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I do not believe this is an option in the standard Windows 10 Media...
  4. ABOUT THE BUG IN WIN 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

ABOUT THE BUG IN WIN 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: YES ,IT'S STILL ABOUT ERROR CODE 0x80042405 - 0xA001A We all know the media creation tool has some flaws, but why not just FIX THEM? BTW, most confusing thing is the tool delete the iso downloaded. If I failed to install, it's highly possible to install it again. Why not...
  5. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  6. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  7. About Windows 10 media creation tool

About Windows 10 media creation tool: Will my windows be geniun if i use it to fresh install windwos on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/about-windows-10-media-creation-tool/a5681163-e2b8-4034-8448-827837855acb
  8. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930
  9. Two questions about the Media Creation Tool

Two questions about the Media Creation Tool: Good day all, Sorry if this has been answered before. Here are my questions: 1. When I use the Media Creation Tool from the official Microsoft link (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/soft...5-8e96988880a4) will it download the Windows 10 ISO that includes the Anniversary...
  10. Question about media creation tool

Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291