Windows 10: I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be...

Discus and support I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've never installed or linked Windows before. I have my digital licence key on hand. Once I put my new CPU and mobo in, and my PC posts, will I be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cal_fmcg, Jan 3, 2021.

1. I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be...

I've never installed or linked Windows before. I have my digital licence key on hand. Once I put my new CPU and mobo in, and my PC posts, will I be asked for the product key, and then I just enter it in? Or is there a more of a process? (I will be using my same drive with Windows installed on it)

submitted by /u/cal_fmcg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cal_fmcg, Jan 3, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Processor upgrade

Looking at the CPU compatibility list for the board, it requires F40 or later to support the 3600. B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. The latest version is F50.

What's your BIOS version?

If it's a suitable rev, I suggest clearing the CMOS afetr swapping processors.

Best of luck.

bobkn, Jan 3, 2021
  3. djbillyd Win User
    Processor upgrade

I updated it this evening. Version :B20.0406.1 is what gigabyte gives.

djbillyd, Jan 3, 2021
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be...

Processor upgrade

The process is just as bobkn described.

To avoid problems with the flash, do the following:
    • Download the 3 files you need, and save them to an easy to find location - Desktop, etc. You will need BIOS version F32, BIOS version F50, and the EC FW update utility.
    • You will need a blank USB thumb drive (nothing on it). The thumb drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (the standard for most thumb drives), not NTFS.
    • Step one is to flash to BIOS F32, so copy the F32 BIOS file to the thumb drive. Only the file, not the entire folder if it comes zipped up.
    • Perform the Flash as directed in the instructions.
    • When the flash is done, don't forget to do the last step: "Load Optimized Defaults" .
    • Then Install the EC FW update utility. Always best to restart the PC after the installation.
    • Then delete the F32 BIOS from the flash drive and copy over the F50 Bios to it.
    • Then install the F50 BIOS.

And then you are ready to upgrade the processor.

Note: always a good idea, after installing the processor and entering BIOS to check it out, to Load Optimized Defaults again, then Save & Exit.
    Make any BIOS customizations after you have tested the system and Windows and all is good.

Thema:

I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be...

1. I'm upgrading my motherboard and processor. After I have them installed, how would I be... - Similar Threads - I'm upgrading motherboard

2. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  3. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  4. i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of...: i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of windows can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-my-cpu-and-motherboard-to/cd4b80f8-c980-4ceb-bb33-36514c190b05
  5. i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of...: i would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard to newer versions i have oem version of windows can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-my-cpu-and-motherboard-to/cd4b80f8-c980-4ceb-bb33-36514c190b05
  6. Product Key - have installed new processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key - have installed new processor and motherboard: HiI was hoping someone may be able to help. I purchased my gaming PC from overclockers in the UK with Windows 10 pro pre installed and since upgrading my processor, memory and motherboard I have the Acitvate Windows watermark on my monitor.I did consider buying another key...
  7. Windows not activating after I upgraded my motherboard and processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not activating after I upgraded my motherboard and processor: I've just upgraded my motherboard and processor and windows will not activate. I'm guessing it appears to be a whole new device maybe? If so, is there any way I can deactivate it on the old device and activate it on the new one?...
  8. I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.

I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.: What do I have to do? Error 0xC004F211 It's been years already since I activated this so I don't know where my product key is anymore. And! And this is absolutely bad About this whole mess - Internet is full with Questions like this. Everywhere the same answers. Go to...
  9. I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.

I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.: What do I have to do? Error 0xC004F213 It's been years already since I activated this so I don't know where my product key is anymore :(...
  10. Windows 10 not activating after processor and motherboard upgrades

Windows 10 not activating after processor and motherboard upgrades: hi! need help since suddenly my copy of windows 10 cannot activates on my pc, recently I just upgraded my processor and motherboard. I have a retail windows 10 license upgraded from my windows 8.1 license. the new device appears on my Microsoft account but windows 10 refuses...