Windows 10: I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m...

Discus and support I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; See title above, there are different options for partitions and after looking it up I’m still confused on the matter. Do I just not want to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kick70, Sep 25, 2020.

1. /u/Kick70 Win User

I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m...

See title above, there are different options for partitions and after looking it up I’m still confused on the matter.

Do I just not want to do anything, such as resizing? Or do I want to resize it?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Kick70
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kick70, Sep 25, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

My first thought was that using a 1TB SSD in what is basically a caching scheme is crazy.

On further thought, it's crazy.*Smile

I'd suggest getting this Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com or this Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com as an alterative to Samsung. If you had a PCI-E 4.0 CPU + motherboard (you do not, at least in your My Computer listing), I'd suggest this: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive With Heatsink (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-HTSK-1TB) - Newegg.com.

bobkn, Sep 25, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

I have no connection with Newegg, except as a sometime customer. 1TB, M.2 2280, Internal SSDs, SSDs, Components - Newegg.com

I got this one Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com on sale for $100 recently. The claimed sequential read/write are 3200/2000 MBps. I have seen that in CrystalDiskMark. It's a QLC drive, For an additional $20, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com is a TLC drive, rated at 3400/3000.

The Sabrent drives rely on Windows' built-in NVMe drivers, and TRIM. No utilities are available from them.

bobkn, Sep 25, 2020
  4. I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m...

2 RAID Arrays on Z390 chipset (M.2x4 and SATA)

This is possible. I have successfully built a Z390 based machine with both an M.2 RAID 1 array (boot) and SATA RAID 0 array (D disk), all running off of the Z390 chipset Intel controller. Creating the RAID arrays is standard, and not significantly different than with just SATA disks. The primary difference being that the M.2 disks must have "RST PCIe Storage Remapping" Enabled.

This system is configured as such:

• i9 9900k
    • ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
    • 2x 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSDs (RAID 1 + Boot)
    • 2x 1TB WD Blue SSDs (RAID 0)

Graydon Neill, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m...

1. I’m upgrading my storage from a 500gb m.2 to a 1tb. I understand the process but I’m... - Similar Threads - I’m upgrading storage

2. Bios help please I’m to high to properly understand this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios help please I’m to high to properly understand this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PhilosophyLazy3874 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugw6kg/bios_help_please_im_to_high_to_properly/
  3. Internet access showing I’m connected but I’m not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet access showing I’m connected but I’m not: [IMG]The internet says its connected when in reality its not, my internet drivers are up to date according to microsoft and yhe diagnostics tool says its just fine here is an example of what it is happening this is a public proxy server ip and im trying to ping it[IMG]...
  4. I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???: [IMG]Im going to starbucks ill explain later, everytime i connect to the internet, chrome works perfectly, browsers work fine but when i use store apps or xbox apps on windows 10 i get something by like this, help because i do not want to reset my entire system. Ill end of...
  5. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd: HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went well, i did have to stop errors the first time i tried to boot from it, but that has resolved it self and has not shown its...
  6. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  7. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  8. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  9. 1TB M.2 Enough

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1TB M.2 Enough: I have a question im OCD with Storage and im wondering I don't move my user files like my documents, my pictures and so on off the main drive. Will a 1TB M.2 be enough? I do not store movies and such on my drive. Also my Steam will be on a separate 2tb SSD while DCS World...
  10. My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb: I am using linux in my pc and i want to change my os to windows 10. I tried to install windows 10 through legacy which already consists linux & I installed successfully.BUT AFTER INSTALLATION MY STORAGE DRIVES ONLY SHOWING ONLY 500GB REMAINING STORAGE DISAPPEARED. And its not...