Windows 10: I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to...

Discus and support I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my work supplied me with a Surface Book 2, which is running stock Windows Pro for business. It had the 'common' problem of disconnecting from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonothankh, Aug 3, 2020.

1. I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to...

So my work supplied me with a Surface Book 2, which is running stock Windows Pro for business.

It had the 'common' problem of disconnecting from the keyboard constantly and so was replaced with another by Microsoft not long after I had to get another Surface Pen because of another 'common' problem which was again, apologised for.

Everything's been fine for a few months with this new model until I installed Windows 2004 from updates in settings yesterday.

It was fine for a few hours yesterday after the update but now today when I turn it on, it gets to the login screen, makes very fast connecting and disconnecting noises the keyboard and trackpad aren't working and the disconnect button only lights up red and then the screen gets brighter and then it crackles slightly and switches off.

This is similar to the last machine, but now the screen is effected too and the machine switches off.

It's worth noting, that both machines were in different environments, so it is likely not charging problems or external plugged in stuff I don't plug things in generally other than power. Other users have reported this problem in this and other forums from when the machine was newer, but there aren't any up-to-date suggestions.

The machine is pretty unusable now, and due to the current situation, it's not like I'll be able to get a replacement very fast.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Jonothankh, Aug 3, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Aug 3, 2020
  4. I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to...

Wi-Fi keeps stopping after last 2 updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you facing with accessing the Wi-Fi after installing the updates, do let us know the latest updates being installed.

As you are using Wi-Fi connection, I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and check if it is working fine.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: As this issue occurred after installing the updates, try to search the installed update in Programs and Features and uninstall the update.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates from the left pane.
    • Right click on the recent Windows updates and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the system and check.

Note: If the issue resolved, try to re-install the updates again and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to...

1. I'm using my second Surfacebook 2 after the last one was replaced. After the update to... - Similar Threads - I'm using second

2. SurfaceBook 2 after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SurfaceBook 2 after windows 11 upgrade: After the Win 11 upgrade, there are 2 mouse pointers on my screen!! one doesn't move and the one that moves blinks as it moves. I tried getting with support, and they suggested a fresh install which I did, but the problem went away for about 20 minutes. I'm in a position...
  3. SurfaceBook 2 after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SurfaceBook 2 after windows 11 upgrade: After the Win 11 upgrade, there are 2 mouse pointers on my screen!! one doesn't move and the one that moves blinks as it moves. I tried getting with support, and they suggested a fresh install which I did, but the problem went away for about 20 minutes. I'm in a position...
  4. SURFACEBOOK 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SURFACEBOOK 2: Hi, my surfacebook keeps hanging when i open any file or folder from file explorer. However, if I search the same file from the winsearch and open it it works fine. Anyone relates?...
  5. Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one: In my system I currently have an m.2 ssd that I boot from and a HDD. I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a bigger one; however to do that I would have to take out the m.2 I boot from as I only have one m.2 slot. I need help as I don't know what to do....
  6. SurfaceBook 2 Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfaceBook 2 Issue: Hello Microsoft I have a SurfaceBook 2 which was bought a year and a half ago. Presently, the issue is that when it is plugged into the keyboard, the tablet battery or Battery 1 is not detected and remains at 0% while battery 2 is in use. This prevented me from detaching...
  7. Problems after skipping last 2 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after skipping last 2 updates: i got so preterbed buy ie10's edge i did't do last two updates....l.now i got motrre issues.........edge is trouble * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-after-skipping-last-2-updates/5281bf23-cce0-4b13-9270-cff623204fea
  8. BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2: I can see the bugcheck in the Event Viewer System Log, most days it happens twice a day and a few days it happens several times. It seems to occur when it's going into Standby from what I can tell. Here are the DMP and MSINFO files;...
  9. RISK will not play after last XBOB ONE update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RISK will not play after last XBOB ONE update.: After the last XBOX ONE update my RISK game will not play. It gets as far as connecting to the UBISOFT server, locks up, and kicks me back out to the Home screen. I went through the whole XBOX ONE Game Won't Start trouble shooter,...
  10. can't see second monitor after last forced update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't see second monitor after last forced update: I have a Toshiba Laptop which I updated from 7 to 10 a few months ago. I have a Dell Monitor plugged directly into the laptop and an NEC monitor plugged into a Toshiba docking station, which also has inputs for a wireless mouse and keyboard. The docking station connects to...