Windows 10: I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them.

Discus and support I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. I've started using three screens because it helps when having more windows open to mix music. However, I've run into an odd snag in that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CursedLemon, Feb 4, 2019.

1. I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them.

Hey guys.

I've started using three screens because it helps when having more windows open to mix music. However, I've run into an odd snag in that I can't seem to move my mouse between two of the windows; instead, to get between the first and third screens, I have to travel through the second screen. Below is a picture of my display configuration. I can move my mouse between 3 and 2, as well as 2 and 1, but not 1 and 3. Note that I've found a little indicator for my problem:

https://i.imgur.com/55AVq8H.png (Having trouble embedding images for some reason?)

No matter how I play around with the display config, I can't get mouse movement between all three screens. Anyone else ever have an issue like this?

:)

CursedLemon, Feb 4, 2019

2. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 4, 2019
  4. I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them.

Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them.

1. I'm using three screens and I can't move my mouse between two of them. - Similar Threads - I'm using three

2. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  3. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  4. can't move my mouse while using the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't move my mouse while using the keyboard: HP 255 G7 Notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-while-using-the-keyboard/596bb7c7-122f-4136-8cdf-533f001c1f0d
  5. Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup: I have a multi-monitor setup like this: https://imgur.com/a/U3rRx2g Everything works well, except to reach monitor 4, I can only move my mouse from monitor 3->5->2->4, but I can't go directly from monitor 3->4. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Future-Professional [link]...
  6. 1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens: Hi all, Is there any way to make it so, for example, if I have my mouse at the bottom of my 1440p screen and move it to the 1080p, it will just go to the bottom of that one, instead of locking it to the screen? submitted by /u/Skiizm [link] [comments]...
  7. Transferring two licences between three computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring two licences between three computers: I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working computer to lap...
  8. Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors: So I have a really weird problem here... Equipment used: * Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop with latest Windows 10 Pro x64 * Microsoft IntelliMouse (set at 1600dpi, but other options give same result) * DELL WD15 USB-C dock * Two monitors 1920x1200 24" ThinkVision, connected to the...
  9. Moving cursor between two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  10. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I know which screen my mouse will show on three screens