Windows 10: I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions

Discus and support I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NinFanBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jne0rf/im_very_confused_on_why_there_are_so_many/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NinFanBoi, Nov 3, 2020.

1. I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions

/u/NinFanBoi, Nov 3, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 3, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Partition application

Could you suggest me a nice software to manage partitions on my HDD?

I`m using Win7 64bit.

WojtasRed, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Norton Win User

I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions

Partition application

The disk management tools in Win 7 work fine for me to create or resize partitions. What kind of things are you trying to do with them?

Norton, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions

1. I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions - Similar Threads - I'm very confused

2. Why I'm I getting to so many bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I'm I getting to so many bluescreen.: My pc has been showing the blue screen of death a lot. Some of the error message are "system service exception", "unexpected store exception", and "critical process died". I believe there are some more but I can't remember the name of them. I tried updating my driver but it...
  3. Why I'm I getting to so many bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I'm I getting to so many bluescreen.: My pc has been showing the blue screen of death a lot. Some of the error message are "system service exception", "unexpected store exception", and "critical process died". I believe there are some more but I can't remember the name of them. I tried updating my driver but it...
  4. Why I'm I getting to so many bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I'm very confused.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm very confused.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rollingaD30 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klc7yz/im_very_confused/
  6. Very Confusing . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Confusing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The questions, I'll be asking Are about, antivirus. Right now, I'm running Norton Antivirus. All the ratings, have it. As one, of the best The most important,feature to me, is it's VPN! I live in a, retirement...
  7. Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.: Since I upgraded to windows 10, Pro, version 1909, I have been having audio issues. I tried several things and nothing helps. I took a look at my Device Manager and expanded my Sound, video, and game controller menu and I have the following drivers listed. Realtek High...
  8. confused, very

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    confused, very: %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-2 can anyone tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-very/bf03fad8-e017-4b6f-8e13-0609c3aa8e36
  9. I'm so confused with the names of Microsoft Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I'm so confused with the names of Microsoft Office: Here are some names I've encountered when I am looking for deals on the internet Office Professional 2019 Office 2019 Professional Plus Office Home and Student 2019 Office Home and Business 2019 Looks like there are more names... What are their differences? In fact all...
  10. I'm so confused!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm so confused!: Yesterday I decided to reset my computer, mainly because of all the updates, both mine and W10. Between upgrades to W10 and me deciding to go Pro and my continual search for the perfect drivers for my games I've done quite a few. Reset it, took forever, and the first thing...