Windows 10: Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching...

Discus and support Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; That´s basicly it i want to work and be able to switch workspaces on my primary monitor only because i split my screen into one workspace is reserch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VenialCascade42, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching...

That´s basicly it i want to work and be able to switch workspaces on my primary monitor only because i split my screen into one workspace is reserch with google translate and an online dictiony and on the left a web browser for my research, and then i switch to write donw what i just spent 5 minutes researching and also switches on my second monitor.

I don´t know if this is more of a discussion or a question, beause i can always switch my workflow.

:)

VenialCascade42, Nov 4, 2019

2. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Ajhmain Win User
    The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, Nov 4, 2019
  4. ai5g Win User

Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching...

2nd Display becomes primary when main monitor is switched off

Hi,

I have the following problem for a few weeks now:

I have a "main" monitor attached to DVI and a beamer attached to HDMI of my GTX-960 graphics card. The monitor is set to primary display.

For watching movies, I usually switch off the monitor, leaving only the beamer turned on. For a few weeks now, the beamer automatically becomes primary display when I turn off the monitor. It did not do this before. This behavior is very annoying, because it brings a black screen for a few seconds whenever I switch on/off the monitor, which I sometimes do while a movie is running. In addition KODI sometimes crashes in this moment and PowerDVD stops playing the movie.

The only thing I have changed at that time was that I manually changed the beamer to primary for watching a 3D blu-ray, but I changed it back when the movie was finished.

Does somebody have an idea about what causes this behavior and - more importantly - how I can stop this, i.e., keep the monitor beeing the primary display even when it is turned off?

Thanks for all ideas!

ai5g, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching...

1. Im watching a video and i want to switch worspace on my primary monitor without switching... - Similar Threads - watching video switch

2. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  3. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  4. How to switch primary GPU

How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  5. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  6. Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows wrongly moved to primary monitor when switching on secondary monitor, and...: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  7. Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that: Hi, Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. I have my larger monitor set up to be my main monitor for all things I do, the second monitor is a smaller monitor for extra stuff or viewing tutorials while I'm working on the larger monitor. ANYWAY, during the boot up the larger...
  8. Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that: Hi, Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. I have my larger monitor set up to be my main monitor for all things I do, the second monitor is a smaller monitor for extra stuff or viewing tutorials while I'm working on the larger monitor. ANYWAY, during the boot up the larger...
  9. Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Primary Accounts on Desktop: Hi there, My desktop is currently linked to my ex's account. I had bought him the desktop and we shared it while we were together, but his account is the primary one. Unfortunately, this means that I can't make many changes and my account is additional. I can't even change...
  10. My screen is switching without a dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is switching without a dual monitor: For some reason, my single monitor switches screens constantly. I don't even have dual monitor on. It always makes another screen from the right come in, so I can never go back and play something, or d o what I was doing. The sounds still appear in the background, and I have...