Windows 10: I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect

Discus and support I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello anyone who can help; I have remote access (@home) that does not consistently connect. I do not need to remote daily or even weekly, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heathergk, Jun 3, 2019.

1. heathergk Win User

I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect

Hello anyone who can help;

I have remote access (@home) that does not consistently connect.

I do not need to remote daily or even weekly, and when I try to reconnect after

connecting to a public WIFI (airport) or family's WIFI I cannot reconnect to the remote site.

Although, when I get to the WIFI that remote connection was originally setup with (office), I am able to reconnect thru their WIFI - the office.

Any, recommendations to consistent connection?

thank you, Heathergk

:)

heathergk, Jun 3, 2019
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm working with issue of a remote access unable to connect - Similar Threads - I'm working issue

2. I'm unable to connect to my PC via Remote Desktop if the PC is connected to the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to connect to my PC via Remote Desktop if the PC is connected to the internet...: Hi, I have a problem with Remote Desktop function. Everything works fine as long as my PC is not connected to the internet via VPN, then an error pops up on my Android phone when trying to connect to my desktop error 0x104. Since I'm using VPN all the time, it's a real...
  3. I'm unable to connect to my PC via Remote Desktop if the PC is connected to the internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to connect to my PC via Remote Desktop if the PC is connected to the internet...: Hi, I have a problem with Remote Desktop function. Everything works fine as long as my PC is not connected to the internet via VPN, then an error pops up on my Android phone when trying to connect to my desktop error 0x104. Since I'm using VPN all the time, it's a real...
  4. Unable to connect remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect remote desktop: Unable to connect remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-remote-desktop/4ec89276-b78e-4f88-9193-51c33f2d1a4e
  5. Unable to connect remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect remote desktop: Unable to connect remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-remote-desktop/4ec89276-b78e-4f88-9193-51c33f2d1a4e
  6. Unable to connect to remote server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to remote server: Hi,I am unable to use my company software to submit reports, whats surprising is that i am the only guy in my company who's facing this issue. Attached is the image of the error i receiveKindly advise ASAP thanks....
  7. Remote connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote connection not working: I am trying to connect to my work computer remotely and nothing seems to be working. I have enabled remote connections and tried connecting to the IP address but still nothing....
  8. Remote Access Connection to my work PC failure

Remote Access Connection to my work PC failure: I have been accessing my work PC through remote access connection since April 10th, 2020 without a problem until last Friday, June 12th. Now, I receive an error message that states, "An Internal Error has occurred." I spent an hour on Friday with a Dell Support Rep and the...
  9. Remote access connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...
  10. remote connection issue

remote connection issue: When I try to remotely connect to my computer with password protected sharing, the correct password that I am typing is not working. If I turn on the password protection, the system says that it is other user and I cannot login to Windows 10...