Windows 10: I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.

Discus and support I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There has been a PC that my brother has been using for 5 years. He just got a new PC recently. My PC wasnt working so my brother said I could use his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YT_MyPetRock, May 28, 2020.

1. I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.

There has been a PC that my brother has been using for 5 years. He just got a new PC recently. My PC wasnt working so my brother said I could use his until we fixed mine. I thought his old PC was pretty good it ran all my games fine. My brother kindly said that once I fixed mine I could give it to my friend. So I fixed mine and I am going to give it to my friend. So I was thinking that a part might break or something in a year or so. Since I was worried I called my friend and he said that if one does we can just buy a new one. How long do you think the PC could live? I don't have the stats on it but it runs games fine. There hasn't been a game I bought that it can't run. Please try to help me so I know if I'm making the right decison.

submitted by /u/YT_MyPetRock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YT_MyPetRock, May 28, 2020

2. my friend gave me a asrock motherboard what should i do?

i wish there was more parts but that's it i was putting together a wish list on newegg so far ill have to save up 500 bucks for os and rest of parts.

skellattarr, May 28, 2020
  3. XPS 8930 will not recognize Samsung 970 pro NVMe M.2 SSD

I have this $300 ssd and now it wont even appear on the Computer drives list.
    ( Samsung 970 pro 1T NVMe M.2 SSD )
    Windows 10 Home . The Dell has the ssd slot ; I connected it and fastened the screw . The driver software from Samsung wont even install, it gave me a error report mid way through. For it to even get that far in bios settings I turned off raid because other websites suggested that . I turned on something else I forget .

But still nothing. I have the Samsung magic drive software and that does not even see it .
    Not at my wits ends, but almost.
    Any help trouble shooting this problem is greatly appreciated.. *Sad

OtherWay1982, May 28, 2020
  4. I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.

PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, May 28, 2020
Thema:

I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long.

1. I'm worried I just gave my friend a PC that wont last long. - Similar Threads - I'm worried gave

2. My pc just wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc just wont work.: Ive logged into my pc and whenever i try to open google or any app it just freezes and i have to force shut down, i cant even open task manager or anything, What do i do?...
  3. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  4. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  5. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting worried: Like, really worried. Microsoft usually fixes issues in a jiffy but this issue-Win32 hive issue-has been lasting for 5 days. I need to get back onto discord and my computer badly, and I don't know what to do. I know we just need to wait but I've been on edge....
  7. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting worried: Like, really worried. Microsoft usually fixes issues in a jiffy but this issue-Win32 hive issue-has been lasting for 5 days. I need to get back onto discord and my computer badly, and I don't know what to do. I know we just need to wait but I've been on edge....
  8. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Friend gave me pc, tried to activate windows 10 pro. I'm not in an organization as I'm...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend gave me pc, tried to activate windows 10 pro. I'm not in an organization as I'm...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/t8er100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enbupl/friend_gave_me_pc_tried_to_activate_windows_10/
  10. I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...: Not sure what to do. We first added him as an Other user and it did thte same thing. We thought that adding him as a family member and giving him admin rights would fix the issue but it shte same thing. He logs in and then the start menu doesnt work and he cant do...