Windows 10: IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?

Discus and support IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Howdy, folks, I have an IMac from 2011, which I gave a few years ago using Bootcamp Windows. I know, mortal sin yes yes. But that is not the point.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fragenfrager01, Jun 9, 2020.

1. IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?

Howdy, folks,

I have an IMac from 2011, which I gave a few years ago using Bootcamp Windows. I know, mortal sin yes yes. But that is not the point.

Yesterday I replaced my main hard drive with an SSD, the SSD of course previously cloned (via Windows), I think he just took over the bootcamp partition.

Today I wanted to try to start over Mac OS. But now any key combination only boots Windows. I also don't get to see an Apple sign anymore. Only when I press the Alt- (or Option-) key, I can choose the operating system, as usual with Bootcamp. But here I can also just click on Windows.

My question now: How can I alternatively start Mac Os or even reinstall it?

I'm not exactly a professional when it comes to such things, so I would be happy to get some help IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows? :D

:)

Fragenfrager01, Jun 9, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 on iMac using Boot Camp

Step 1: download the ISO file directly to your Mac from the Software Download page. See instructions:

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/24-how-to-do...

Step 2: Make sure your Mac is running macOS 10.12.5 or later.

Step 3: Launch Boot Camp then select the ISO file, resize your partition, click Continue. macOS will download necessary Windows Support software. When complete, it will automatically reboot into Windows 10 setup.

Select the Boot Camp partition created earlier in the Custom Advanced window.

Follow the rest of the instructions as described in the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Rob! Win User
    To Boot Camp or not to Boot Camp?

From everything I've read, boot camp is faster than Parallels. When you're running Parallels you're still running OSX, so you're using resources for two OSes. Boot Camp is solely Windows, so it's less resources.

Parallels would be if you need one office program or something, where Boot Camp would be if you wanted to game, use resource intensive programs, or use a LOT of Windows stuff where you wouldn't need OSX at all.

Rob!, Jun 9, 2020
  4. ScottC_3 Win User

IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?

Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?

I want to use Boot Camp to download Windows 10 to my 2017 iMac. I have plenty of disc space and have the latest version of Mohave.

I Googled to see if there may be problems with this and found this discussion. Are there still issues like this or have they been resolved?

Installing Windows 10 on iMac using Boot Camp

Thanks

ScottC_3, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?

1. IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows? - Similar Threads - IMac longer boots

2. Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I was trying to run windows 10 on my MacBook Air from an external drive using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/3IhW722IMwE?si=Rz5pWv8RaInwgPOgWith a few adjustments for my MacBook Air, I had managed to install windows and boot it up, but once I installed the boot camp drivers...
  3. Is boot camp free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is boot camp free?: I have a mac and the mac os is not doing everything I need it to so I decided to download windows. A lot of websites say it's free but I have seen some websites saying that you need a product key. I was wondering if I need a licence key to download windows through boot camp...
  4. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  5. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  6. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?: I want to use Boot Camp to download Windows 10 to my 2017 iMac. I have plenty of disc space and have the latest version of Mohave. I Googled to see if there may be problems with this and found this discussion. Are there still issues like this or have they been resolved?...
  8. Boot camp problem on imac os x 11.7 with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot camp problem on imac os x 11.7 with windows 10: I have Windows 10 and el capitan on my imac. el capitan works great but win 10 time doesn't stay correct and volume doesn't work. The problem doesn't seem to be fixable in Settings or with updates....
  9. Windows boot camp external drive problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows boot camp external drive problems: I have windows 10 installed on my mac with bootcamp. My external drive is formatted as exfat (so should work on both and it used to as well until recently). It runs fine on the macOS (high sierra), but windows says it is a usb 2.0 device. I’ve tried it in all the usb slots...
  10. macOS Sierra 10.12.5 supports Windows 10 Creators Update to Boot Camp

in Windows 10 News
    macOS Sierra 10.12.5 supports Windows 10 Creators Update to Boot Camp: About the macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Update This update is recommended for all macOS Sierra users. The Apple macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update: Fixes an issue where...