Windows 10: Image Backup

Discus and support Image Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardBoyle1, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Image Backup

I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THXImage Backup [​IMG]

:)

EdwardBoyle1, Nov 7, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Nov 7, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Image Backup

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Image Backup [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Image Backup

1. Image Backup - Similar Threads - Image Backup

2. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  3. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  4. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  5. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  6. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  7. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  8. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  9. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  10. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade