Windows 10: Image colors change when downloading then uploading, possibly due to recent Windows update?

Discus and support Image colors change when downloading then uploading, possibly due to recent Windows update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure if this change is due to a recent Windows 10 update.When I download image files, they appear to have the palette entirely changed. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blu_olivz, Apr 30, 2021.

1. blu_olivz Win User

Image colors change when downloading then uploading, possibly due to recent Windows update?

Not sure if this change is due to a recent Windows 10 update.When I download image files, they appear to have the palette entirely changed. Sometimes it looks like it's been passed through a yellow filter and washed out, other times a red filter. When I create image content and upload e.g. email attachment, these color changes also happen despite looking normal during the creation process. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I am using a program on my computer or on a website; the colors are consistently messed up after export.I suspect it's something that has changed in my computer

:)

blu_olivz, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Screen image change folowing recent update of Windows 10.

Hi Dan,

This can be due to changes that came together with Windows update or a possible software conflict. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Which screen image are you referring to?
    • Is it the background image or the lock screen image?

In the meantime, if it is the background image try changing it by following the simple steps from this
    article.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 30, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Image colors change when downloading then uploading, possibly due to recent Windows update?

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Image colors change when downloading then uploading, possibly due to recent Windows update? - Similar Threads - Image colors change

2. Windows accent color not coloring tiles after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows accent color not coloring tiles after recent update: After installing the feature update version 20H2 the selected accent color wouldnt color the backgrounds of Start apps. It even shows the color in the example picture in the settings, but wont actually change the color of the tiles. Is there a solution for this? Also i...
  3. Is it possible to change folder color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to change folder color in Windows 10: OS:Windows 10 version 2004 Japanese updated Software/Drivers updated I would like to ask if, it is possible to change the folder color in Windows 10. If so then how? Or using third party software would that be a bad thing for Windows? Any suggestion/help would be...
  4. Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.

Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.: A recent windows 10 update changed the background and tile colors. I have tried the fixes recommended but none of them work. I am not sure why this was done but the visibility of the tiles, etc based on the default color changes is very poor. How do I get back my old color...
  5. Is it possible to change color of those buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change color of those buttons?: My theme accent color is light blue, yet those buttons are light red/purple. If I select png file then button is green, for selected zips color is pink. Is it possible to change them to light blue or some bluish variation? https://imgur.com/a/VLPkMfp submitted by...
  6. Is it possible to change this selection color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change this selection color?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cbi5e5el2vy41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf8a3f011cae3b09365ae6ccba3066262c7d8b4 submitted by /u/Baunilha11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gk2v7b/is_it_possible_to_change_this_selection_color/
  7. Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!

Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!: Hi, I have been using the Snipping Tool for a long time and like it. Today, for the first time, it changed the color of the image I am trying to snip. It did the same thing in the new Snip & Sketch. It overlays a darker reddish tint, changing yellow to orange and green or...
  8. images not uploading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    images not uploading: I cannot upload images to any online platforms like canva and a local property listing site. I can upload the same images to Facebook without any problems. Please help I need to upload images....
  9. Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?

Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I'm liking what I see about Windows 10 so far, but one thing that does bother me is the vibrancy of the colors of the start menu and task bar. I would prefer a more pastel color theme, but so far I haven't been able to find how to do that. I've tried following...
  10. [?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?

[?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?: [img] 52828