Windows 10: Image corruption on download

Discus and support Image corruption on download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem where some images, not all, that I download off the internet will be immediately corrupted when I download them. As an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThorDoubleYoo, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Image corruption on download

Hello, I am having a problem where some images, not all, that I download off the internet will be immediately corrupted when I download them.

As an example, here is an image I downloaded last night as it appears on the website. And

here it is after I downloaded it The colors are markedly burned, and to make matters worse if I try to open it in an image editing software like Photoshopthis is the error message I get.

I have gone to this exact image here on other machines with windows 10 installed and had no problems whatsoever with this.

For information's sake, I am running the latest update of Windows 10, I've tried downloading using Chrome and Firefox with the same issues and I'm just not sure what the problem is. Last night I did a CHKDSK /r to see if that fixed the problem, but no dice. I appreciate any help you can give on this matter.

:)

ThorDoubleYoo, Apr 18, 2020

2. Bad Image - PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupt

Hello Andy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

The Error Status 0xc0000020 error may be caused by Windows system files damage.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors.

• An incomplete installation or an incomplete uninstall.
    • Improper deletion of applications or hardware.
    • Computer has recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack.
    • An improper shutdown of the computer.

All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files.

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 18, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Image corruption on download

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Image corruption on download

1. Image corruption on download - Similar Threads - Image corruption download

2. Corrupted images Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted images Windows 11: Some users have a problem on Windows 11 that visually corrupts the images they open. But any image in a word, excel, image only, pdf etc....Each time a file is opened, the corruption is different.If you ever send this "corrupted" file to another user, he'll be able to read it...
  3. Image Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Corruption: Hello, I have a problem: I am using a program PinballX and for each pinball table, it has a few images. On my Windows 7 Ultimate computer it displayed them normally, but when I tried to open the pictures manually by file it says: [ATTACH] On my Windows 10 Pro computer,...
  4. Downloading images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading images: I have a large number of photos to download from memory sticks to a new computer some images are in folders . How do I do this please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-images/6731a48a-a01d-409d-9943-66a0e2810584
  5. Corrupted Windows Image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Windows Image: Hello everyone. I have XPS 13 2 in 1 I got in June of this year. Dell Support is telling me my windows image is corrupted which is why I get a recovery blue screen every once in a while. I work PT and I am in school most of the other time. I don't currently have a way to back...
  6. Image file corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image file corrupt: Recently I keep getting drive errors frequently and daily one-two file starts to getting corrupted and doesn't open up(image file). Please help.I am on lastest windows 10. submitted by /u/Rythx100 [link] [comments]...
  7. Downloading images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading images: I have had problems with my hotmail, I now have it back after fighting with it for days but the images are not downloading in my emails. I have tried syncing them and still nothing. Please help....
  8. disc image file is corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc image file is corrupted: I need a fix for error message: "Couldn't mount file. Disc image file is corrupted". I did multiple scans DISM, sfc, etc..} It says my corrupted files must be manually corrected. What should I do?...
  9. Corrupt os image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt os image: how do i fix a corrupt os image on my dell inspiron laptop .Is there a way i can get in my computer and find the problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-os-image/9226cd74-f726-44de-9f58-7f62b49ebcd0
  10. Corruption on downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Corruption on downloads: So I'm going to start off by saying that I looked all over the internet for solutions but to no avail, Everything people say to do like turning of Firewall (For some reason?) does not work. And here I am, having to post a forum post about it. So what the problem is that when...