Windows 10: image disappears when clicked on using a mouse

Discus and support image disappears when clicked on using a mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I use my mouse and click on an image/photo/picture to see an enlarged view or multiple images, the image disappears but narrative will remain.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartyMayo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. MartyMayo Win User

image disappears when clicked on using a mouse

Whenever I use my mouse and click on an image/photo/picture to see an enlarged view or multiple images, the image disappears but narrative will remain. At first it was only items in Facebook Market Place. Now it is all photos in Facebook, Craigslist, Etsy. It makes it difficult to look at items online and make purchases. Any suggestions ? Reboot or go back to setting defaults ? I remember when it happened I had somehow clicked on the touch keyboard. Wondering if I hit some strange key combo. I used to be able to select "open in new window and it let me click on the image without it vanishing. Now it won't let me. Appreciate the help ! Thanks.

:)

MartyMayo, Jul 10, 2019

2. mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. image disappears when clicked on using a mouse - Similar Threads - image disappears clicked

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears...

My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears...: My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears even. It's always right clicking. Can somebody help?...
  5. My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears...: My mouse on the screen is alway right clicking when I click. Sometimes it just disappears even. It's always right clicking. Can somebody help?...
  6. Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears: Please help me, this didn't used to happen but very recently whenever I click an image to view from quick access/recent files, the image will come up for a few brief seconds then it will disappear to black and say "there's nothing to show here".If I click the image again it...
  7. Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears

Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears: Please help me, this didn't used to happen but very recently whenever I click an image to view from quick access/recent files, the image will come up for a few brief seconds then it will disappear to black and say "there's nothing to show here".If I click the image again it...
  8. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  9. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  10. Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....: Hello everyone, I have been asked by a colleague to look at a rather strange issue with her PC terminal, where the active window will disappear behind other open windows when the mouse is clicked. For instance, if several windows are open such as Chrome, outlook & file...