Windows 10: Image File Execution Options Registry

Discus and support Image File Execution Options Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My regedit keys in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\* have a lot of keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JazibDawre, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Image File Execution Options Registry

Hello,

My regedit keys in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\* have a lot of keys with the name of applications that I am sure that I have earlier removed as virus or malware, for example AppthgildeM.exe has two things

1. A default value of type 'REG_SZ'

2. A GlobalFlag of 'REG_DWORD' with a value 200 I deleted this entry

The rest of the keys with names of the malicious files only have the default value. I don't know the exact names of all the malicious entries so is there a way I can remove those?

Also The genuine entries have 'DisableExceptionChainValidation' set to 0 thankfully however explorer.exe has a value of 3. Should I change that back to 0?

Thanks!

G
    M
    T
    Y
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
    Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose

:)

JazibDawre, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Intex38 Win User

image file execution options - cannot create key -error writing to registry

Hi

Kindly advise how to solve as below ( as Subject Above )

Image File Execution Option Error Creating Key

Thanks

Chee

Intex38, Jun 4, 2020
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Image File Execution Options Registry

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Image File Execution Options Registry

1. Image File Execution Options Registry - Similar Threads - Image File Execution

2. Edge executable file location in registry

in Browsers and Email
    Edge executable file location in registry: Where do I find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe path in the registry? Thanks! 178354
  3. Image File Execution Options in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wind ows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image File Execution Options in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wind ows...: Title says it all. I can't fix task manager because of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-file-execution-options-in/6f312ad0-5e95-471d-ae8c-5fd6fa9647b8
  4. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  5. registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...: [IMG] I tried to add a context menu/right click menu option for windows terminal app, but accidentally added 2 different ones under 2 different names. I want to delete the options now, but the registry entry is missing. Unfortunately, I deleted the .reg file that I...
  6. Windows execute file

Windows execute file: Approximately 3 minutes after switching on the computer, during startup, I get the following page appearing on the screen for about 1 second. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\installutil.exe This page flashes up 32 times before everything settles down. Has...
  7. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry: it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer restarted a...
  8. Registry files

Registry files: Can anyone explain how to remove these registry files in CCLEANER ? Application path issues which keep appearing each time I boot up even after removing them ! By right clicking on each file a menu opens allowing me to open Regedit where each one is listed. The question is...
  9. Registry Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Files: Greetings, I would like to change the double click behaviour of .reg files in Windows 10, so that when I double click, the file opens for editing. When opening file and folder options, there is no longer a file type tab. Is there a registry hack or another settings...
  10. Folder Options in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Options in registry: Hi, Where in the Windows registry is the reg key for user folder options? [img] 34318