Windows 10: Image File Metadata

Discus and support Image File Metadata in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the past, whenever I added metadata tags, titles or notes to my photo files, the megabytes would increase by just a few tenths, which makes sense.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FaithLorraine, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Image File Metadata

In the past, whenever I added metadata tags, titles or notes to my photo files, the megabytes would increase by just a few tenths, which makes sense. Example: 8.5 MB to 8.8 MB. Now, the megabytes are significantly disappearing as soon as I add the data. Example: the photo will be 11.2 MB, but as soon as I add the data, the file suddenly becomes 3.3 MB. I don't understand what's happening and whether this is good or bad. It seems bad because I don't want to lose photo quality. NONE of my photos are ever used for websites, so there is no need for them to be compressed or made smaller. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

:)

FaithLorraine, Mar 21, 2020
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Mar 21, 2020
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Image File Metadata

Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

It seems like the list is generated from existing tags or other metadata. So, if you're getting 'junk' suggestions, it's likely that some other file has that 'junk' data. So you need to locate those files with bad metadata & delete/edit it to 'good' information.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Image File Metadata

1. Image File Metadata - Similar Threads - Image File Metadata

2. Image metadata - favorite attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image metadata - favorite attribute: I have marked number of images as favorite, I see some discrepancies between the number of images I have marked as favorite and photo app's favorite album.It's a huge directory with number of images, it's hours of work. I don't want to redo all images and reconcile them...
  3. Image metadata - favorite attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image metadata - favorite attribute: I have marked number of images as favorite, I see some discrepancies between the number of images I have marked as favorite and photo app's favorite album.It's a huge directory with number of images, it's hours of work. I don't want to redo all images and reconcile them...
  4. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  5. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  6. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Metadata not showing on File Explorer: Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you...
  8. File properties and metadata

File properties and metadata: Hi, Microsoft, This is an important question that has bugged me for a long time. I understand there are ways to add metadata to office files by document properties in word, excel, access etc and pdf files e.g. by properties, keyword etc. Those are answers that keep show up...
  9. Possible to add images as file metadata?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to add images as file metadata?: Hello. I'm using File Metadata to add custom values in file attributes to a some text files. I have this: [img] See the comment: this is custom. It will be possible to add like a small icon like an smiley or something instead of words? Thank you 130456
  10. Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images

in Windows 10 News
    Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images: As part of a collaboration between Google, photo industry consortium CEPIC, and IPTC, the global technical standards body for the news media, you can now access rights-related image metadata in Google Images. It’s traditionally been difficult to know the creator of images on...