Windows 10: Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.

Discus and support Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been a long time user of Windows Media Player since I was I was very young but as I grew older; I started exploring other media players and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Purity8, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Purity8 Win User

Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.

I have been a long time user of Windows Media Player since I was I was very young but as I grew older; I started exploring other media players and found a program namedWinAmp. Although both of these programs have their own method of adding an album art to the files there seems to be one major problem when deleting the individual song file.

Their album art doesn't get deleted along with the file and and left inside folder. More importantly; it's literally invisible to the user.Hidden items at the top of the view has been checked off and it's still not displaying these album art files.

Using command line doesn't work displaying these files either.

I have not tried other image viewers but IrfanView and this program seems to be able to display these album art images that Windows Explorer fails to display.

Here's a screenshot as proof:

Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected. [​IMG]

At the bottom, IrfanView displays the total of images within the folder.

:)

Purity8, Jan 22, 2020

2. How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Jan 22, 2020
  3. With show hidden files activated, how do I stop a specific hidden file on from showing the desktop?

I have "show hidden files" turned on and 99.9% of the time, no problem. But I do not want hidden files to show on the desktop and the usual Hide Selected Items option does not appear to work IF the file was a hidden one to begin with.

Desktop.ini is a hidden file that I can see in Explorer because Show Hidden Files is active.

But it is also visible on the desktop. Using View/Hide Selected Item will not hide it.

As View to Hide Selected Item does work for everything else on the desktop, I'm guessing there must be some other setting required. ??

Windows 10

JamesKatona, Jan 22, 2020
  4. LongXIE Win User

File Explorer shows hidden drive

I use diskpart tool to change one of my partition to hidden, but it still shows in the file explorer.

I already

1. set Folder Options to "Don't show hidden files, folders, and drivers"

2. set View "Hidden items" unchecked

How to reproduce,

1. There is a showable partition, in my case, it is E drive

2. run diskpart, switch to the partition

3. run command set id = 17 override

4. diskpart will show the partition hidden status is Yes now

5. go back to file explorer, the E drive is still there

LongXIE, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected. - Similar Threads - Image files showing

2. Files not showing up in File Explorer but show up if I select sort by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not showing up in File Explorer but show up if I select sort by Date Modified: The strangest thing just started happening on my computer in the last couple of days. I regularly do scans into my computer as well as saving documents and images from newspaper websites, etc. Just yesterday, I started noticing that after I completed the saves/scans, the...
  3. Files not showing up in File Explorer but show up if I select sort by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not showing up in File Explorer but show up if I select sort by Date Modified: The strangest thing just started happening on my computer in the last couple of days. I regularly do scans into my computer as well as saving documents and images from newspaper websites, etc. Just yesterday, I started noticing that after I completed the saves/scans, the...
  4. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  5. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  6. How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View: I need to remove the ability of students 'poking' around in File Explorer. I want to DISABLE their ability by DISABLING the Hidden Items checkbox on the View command tab. I've tried this, but does not lock them out: Code:...
  7. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide file bypassing show hidden items?: I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides...
  8. File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.

File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.: I open File explorer and with the preview pane enabled I see an image for the first usually a video file file I select. If I then navigate and select a different file I can still only see the image from the first file I selected. It appears to be with Windows media player...
  9. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

Unable to click hidden items in file explorer: I have been wondering why i cant click show hidden items in file explorer. It has been a problem for a while now and i do not know how to make it work. It started working again one time but then stopped working again....
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...