Windows 10: Image icons in folders messed up

Discus and support Image icons in folders messed up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Somebody50, May 4, 2021.

1. Image icons in folders messed up

Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version 20H2. How do I fix this? I have this and most folders set to "Large Icons" in the "View" setting. When it isn't working right, they look like this: Also when I click the "View" dropdown, the whole "View" section is grayed out:

:)

Somebody50, May 4, 2021

2. Image icons in folders messed up

Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version 20H2.

How do I fix this?

I have this and most folders set to "Large Icons" in the "View" setting. When it isn't working right, they look like this:

Image icons in folders messed up [​IMG]

Also when I click the "View" dropdown, the whole "View" section is grayed out:

Somebody50, May 4, 2021
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Image icons in folders messed up :D

PVTCaboose1337, May 4, 2021
  4. Wisewiz Win User

Image icons in folders messed up

I don't have an answer for you, but if you'll check and tell us whether you have your File and Folder Options panel set this way, maybe that will move us closer to guessing what your problem is.

Wisewiz, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Image icons in folders messed up - Similar Threads - Image icons folders

2. Folder icons messed up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icons messed up Windows 11: I booted up the computer Lenovo Ideapad 5 And the icons for all of my folders look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-icons-messed-up-windows-11/ab191396-5a13-4e49-8ade-10b0ab681bd1
  3. Folder icons messed up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icons messed up Windows 11: I booted up the computer Lenovo Ideapad 5 And the icons for all of my folders look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-icons-messed-up-windows-11/ab191396-5a13-4e49-8ade-10b0ab681bd1
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  5. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  6. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Messed Up Main Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  8. WIndows folders messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  9. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...