Windows 10: Image icons/thumbnails

Discus and support Image icons/thumbnails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Victory2Gundam, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Image icons/thumbnails

So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the advanced performance settingshere:I've also made sure that the "always show icons, never thumbnails" box in the explorer settings was not ticked, but it still didn't anything.this one:I've also tried restoring all these settings to the defaults just in case, but still nothing.Also, all image files are associated with w

:)

Victory2Gundam, Feb 21, 2022

2. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 21, 2022
  4. Image icons/thumbnails

No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview.

I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked.

I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails.

I have deleted the thumnail cashe.

Nothing of this works

I have run sfc, no errors

I have run DISM, no errors

So what to do.

Some images is showing thumbnail, bust most of them are not.

It seems to affect most jpg's and tiff's

Tomas Larsson, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Image icons/thumbnails

1. Image icons/thumbnails - Similar Threads - Image icons thumbnails

2. Onedrive turns thumbnail images to icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive turns thumbnail images to icons: Is there any way to use Onedrive without every files thumbnail image in Windows 11 home, converting to an icon? I cannot open every file just to see what it is. I troubleshooted the problem for an hour before I realized Onedrive was the issue. After unsyncing Onedrive from my...
  3. Onedrive turns thumbnail images to icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive turns thumbnail images to icons: Is there any way to use Onedrive without every files thumbnail image in Windows 11 home, converting to an icon? I cannot open every file just to see what it is. I troubleshooted the problem for an hour before I realized Onedrive was the issue. After unsyncing Onedrive from my...
  4. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  5. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  6. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  7. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  8. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  9. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  10. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...