Windows 10: Image Inside of Icon Size

Discus and support Image Inside of Icon Size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marzmidd, May 1, 2019.

1. Marzmidd Win User

Image Inside of Icon Size

Hello!

A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've been looking for some sort of solution on the internet, however the only results I get are making the icon itself bigger which isn't the case.

The icon size itself is fine. The image inside of the icon isn't.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I've had to deal with this problem for quite a few months now. Thanks!

:)

Marzmidd, May 1, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Icons with box around them instead of full sized

Hello Anthony,

The issue happens when your current icon size preference is larger than the largest size picture available inside the icon file, a border is shown, with the icon shown (at it's maximum size) inside the border.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, try to right-click on a blank area on the Desktop, choose View, and then select
    Small icons. Now, right-click again on a blank area on the Desktop and select
    Large icons or any icon size you preferred.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 1, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Image Inside of Icon Size - Similar Threads - Image Inside Icon

2. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  3. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  4. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  5. image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image inside icon thumbnail does not fill the icon box: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I didn't like the available icons to change for my folders, so I have learned how to create ".ico" pictures to change the icon, but the icon inside the folder thumbnail is very small and I can't figure out how to get it to fill the box....
  6. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small: I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images inside the MS Office icon boxes are too small to see. I increased the size of the icons but regardless the size, the image...
  7. Icon sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon sizes: I downloaded a 2020 upgrade to my embroidery digitizing program, Embird. It also has an iconizer which shows pics of my designs when I look in Windows Explorer. Until I upgraded, the icons could be made into several appearances from list to extra large icons. Since the...
  8. icon image size

icon image size: How do I increase the size of an image and print size inside an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-size/28dabf3d-b1a2-4950-897b-70ee904734db
  9. Icon size

Icon size: I have been setting up a newer computer and I have setup the recommended size for the display (1360X768) but the desktop icons and all displayed items seem to tall to me. Is there a way to adjust these so they not so tall? Thanks Ben 63368
  10. icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    icon size: The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ?? 24602