Windows 10: Image next to my search bar

Discus and support Image next to my search bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Name1MK, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Name1MK Win User

Image next to my search bar

how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing from bing i supposethat wasnt there yesterday when i booted off my computer to go to bed, so why is it there now? i havent done anything. is my computer developing a will of its own?pls help

:)

Name1MK, Apr 27, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 27, 2022
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Image next to my search bar - Similar Threads - Image next search

2. Why is there a gay/trans image in my search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a gay/trans image in my search bar?: I have not searched for gay/trans items and their iconography on my personal computer, which I share with my child, is inappropriate. Like many parents, I have reservations about foregrounding the sexual proclivities of consenting adults with audiences that will invariably...
  3. image icons on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image icons on search bar: Hello everyone! Last week when bing announced their AI chat little illustrations disappeared and bing's logo appeared instead and I don't know how to hide this logo and bring back search suggested illustrations. They were so pretty and I always loved to look at them but now...
  4. image icons on search bar

image icons on search bar: Hello everyone! Last week when bing announced their AI chat little illustrations disappeared and bing's logo appeared instead and I don't know how to hide this logo and bring back search suggested illustrations. They were so pretty and I always loved to look at them but now...
  5. Image next to my search bar

in Cortana
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  6. Image next to my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  7. Image next to my search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  9. New small image next to search bar today

New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  10. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Customization