Windows 10: Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive

Discus and support Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I use a laptop with a Veracrypt encrypted system drive (yes I know I could use Bitlocker but no, I don't trust Microsoft when it comes to encryption).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by altae, Nov 26, 2020.

1. altae Win User

Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive

I use a laptop with a Veracrypt encrypted system drive (yes I know I could use Bitlocker but no, I don't trust Microsoft when it comes to encryption). Now I want to create an image of the drive using Macrium Reflect booted from a USB thumb drive. Would that work? And if it works, should I use the "normal" mode or the sector by sector copy mode? Thanks in advance for your advice, much appreciated *Smile

:)

altae, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive

1. Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive - Similar Threads - Image Veracrypt encrypted

2. Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?: I have a new drive, it's for storage only, can I simply use quick format with Veracrypt? Bitlocker has the option to encrypt as you put data on the drive, instead of encrypting the whole drive first, is that not similar to quick format? Encrypt the entire drive, or to not...
  3. Veracrypt

Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  4. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  5. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  6. System-wide freezing with VeraCrypt system drive encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System-wide freezing with VeraCrypt system drive encryption: I have this problem for a while now. I use VeraCrypt for the system Windows drive and other volumes. When memory usage is heavy usually because of Firefox Portable, eventually everything freezes, and the disk I/O LED at my notebook becomes unlit indefinitely. The only way out...
  7. Veracrypt alongside "device encryption?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Veracrypt alongside "device encryption?": Hi everyone, I just got a new laptop running Windows 10 Home and I'm going through all the steps to secure my device and set everything up. I was planning on using VeraCrypt for drive encryption, but noticed that "Device Encryption" is already enabled. I didn't really know...
  8. Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt

Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked already, but here it is: Since I've encrypted my system disk on my tablet with veracrypt, bitlocker is asking it's recovery key each time on boot because (what the error message says in eventviewer) it can't contact the TPM...
  9. What does "encrypting windows partition" mean in Veracrypt?

What does "encrypting windows partition" mean in Veracrypt?: I am using a test drive with Win 10, it's an ssd-500gb. I ask because it is taking 75 minutes to encrypt. Is it encrypting most of the drive, or just a small partition? Veracrypt will not allow for whole drive encryption, it defaults to Windows partition only. 127164
  10. Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system

Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system: you see the image attached? hi btw *Smile I want to encrypt my computer but veracrypt seems to be incompatible with GUID. can I keep my windows installation and convert to MBR so that I can encrypt? Or should I go with the now dated and discontinued truecrypt? are...