Windows 10: Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Photographers deal with tens of thousands of images daily. Many of them use the […] This article Image Preview missing from Context Menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 21, 2021
  2. jo.becker Win User

Broken context menu scaling with containing images

Our shell extension extends the context menu of the Windows explorer to show a preview image for our application specific files. If the display scale is set to a value greater 100% the only the text of the first context menu entry is scaled and the context
    menu itself does not change its size (compare the size of the first entry with rest of the entries).

Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 eda497c9-962f-499a-9beb-8bf88b68234c?upload=true.png

If we remove our preview image the context menu will be scaled accordingly (compare the size of the context menu with the image above).

Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 94abcad5-426f-4eef-a64c-62e73bfd7820?upload=true.png

To check if the problem is only related to our shell extension, we removed our image from the context menu and added a test image with a third-party tool. But the result is the same, only the text of the first entry is scaled and not the context menu itself.

Is this an expected behavior because we have to scale our preview image manually?

jo.becker, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Preview/Context Pane in Windows Search is missing

Expected Result:

Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 019909fe-37c0-4ab6-a503-cd4d55475535?upload=true.jpg

source:
    Business Insider

Actual result:

Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 db0a2019-6b3b-4f3f-9ff3-6f77fd7a5e5c?upload=true.png

I can't for the life of me get the damn context/preview menu/pane thing on the right to open up :// Any and all suggestions welcome!

I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1909

BoxyGuitar35, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Turtle Win User

Preview Image not in Context Menu

Hi,

After updating to Windows 10, I find that the Preview button in the context menu is no longer visible as it once was in 8(.1). Is there a way to re-enable this? I mainly open my image files using something like Paint.Net and I also need to view previews of images when I program as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Turtle, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Image Preview missing

2. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  3. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  4. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  6. Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.: I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro and joined my Homegroup. When I right click a folder and choose Share With from the context menu the only option is Advanced Sharing. What must I do to be able to share a folder with the Homegroup? Thanks. 21634
  7. "Merge" missing from .reg context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Merge" missing from .reg context menu: "Merge" is missing on my ,reg context menu. The only supposed solution I could find here was for Win 7, but it didnt work. 61626
  8. "Extract All" missing from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Extract All" missing from context menu: I understand that Windows 10 has a default zip file zip/unzip feature but the "Extract All" option is not on my rt. click file context menu. Is there a setting I need to find or is there a problem? 72979
  9. Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Preview pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The preview pane shows you see the contents of a file, such as image or text files, without having to open it with an app. By default,...
  10. Preview Image not in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Image not in Context Menu: Hi, After updating to Windows 10, I find that the Preview button in the context menu is no longer visible as it once was in 8(.1). Is there a way to re-enable this? I mainly open my image files using something like Paint.Net and I also need to view previews of images when...