Windows 10: image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

Discus and support image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone. there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by new circe801, May 15, 2019.

1. image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone.

there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos previously imported from my windows 8 phone, either from pictures subfolders or from onedrive pictures folder.

have tried view -> options -> change folder and search options -> always show icons, never thumbnails unchecked.

did not work.

have tried control panel -> system -> advanced settings -> performance -> custom -> show thumbnails instead of icons checked.

did not work.

any other suggestions, and insight into why WP photos not previewing on Windows PC?

thanks!

:)

new circe801, May 15, 2019
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Photos App won't recognize my Windows Phone

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that the Photos app is not recognizing the Windows phone even though you can import the photos from the Windows phone through File explorer.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you tried to connect the Windows Phone to the other USB port and check to isolate the issue?

• Is this the first time you are facing this issue with the Photos app after installing Windows 10?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

As you are able to import the photos from your phone through the File explorer, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make a folder called "testslide" (or whatever in File explorer)

• Put 3 or 4 images which you have imported from the Windows phone to File explorer into the
      testslide folder.

• Open Photos app, click on
      Setting
      (gear symbol) at the left bottom corner).

• Choose Add a folder under the Sources.

• Find this "testslide" folder and add the respective folder.

• Now check whether the Photos app is showing the photos from the selected folder.
    Note: Try to turn off the option
    Show my cloud only content from One Drive in the Photos app settings menu and check to isolate the issue.

If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the section If your PC can’t find your device in the below article and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 15, 2019
  4. image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

Access denied when trying to import photos from phone on windows 10

Hi Daniels,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of the phone?
    • How you are trying to import photos from your phone to Windows?
    I suggest you to refer to the section: Import photos and videos from the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Import photos into Photo Gallery.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 15, 2019
Thema:

image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

1. image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8 - Similar Threads - image previews showing

2. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  3. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  4. Importing Images to Photos App

Importing Images to Photos App: Winver: 1909 (18363.1256) I am new to Win 10. I want to import an image from the desktop into the Photos app to edit it, but can't figure out how to do so. 171083
  5. Preview of Photos and images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview of Photos and images: We are interior designers and we search for images jpgs in folders every day. We are losing so much time to the problem of not being able to preview thumbnails of photos or images in each folder window, we just get this: We have tried everything we have found online for...
  6. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  7. Importing photos from phone into photos.

Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  8. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...
  9. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  10. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051