Windows 10: Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

Discus and support Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After turning on my PC lately, I've noticed that the image previews in file explorer for all my images were not visible/present. Clearing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zakk Ponsen, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

After turning on my PC lately, I've noticed that the image previews in file explorer for all my images were not visible/present. Clearing and rebuilding the icon cache doesn't work. Would it have had anything to do with me installing the experimental new Segoe MDL2 font on a standard non-insider build of Windows 10 20H2 May Update?

:)

Zakk Ponsen, Jun 9, 2021

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about these simple steps?

Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer 9268fd52-a2eb-45b7-9e65-9eed7f92b5bb.png

RobertJWin, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

1. Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Image Previews Working

2. File Explorer...No image in Preview Pane sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer...No image in Preview Pane sometimes: Well...This is weird. Immediately after I deleted the OneDrive app from my PC, the following occurred: In File Explorer...if I haven’t edited an image in one of my apps like Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc....it doesn’t show in the Preview Pane:...
  3. File Explorer...No image in Preview Pane sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer...No image in Preview Pane sometimes: Well...This is weird. Immediately after I deleted the OneDrive app from my PC, the following occurred: In File Explorer...if I haven’t edited an image in one of my apps like Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc....it doesn’t show in the Preview Pane:...
  4. File Explorer...No image in Preview Pane sometimes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer: After turning on my PC this morning, I noticed that the image previews in file explorer for all my images were not visible/present. Is this easily fixable, or is this just an issue with the May 2021 verion of Windows 10 20H2?...
  6. File Explorer Preview Pane is not working

File Explorer Preview Pane is not working: File Explorer Preview Pane is not working, suddenly only shows a thumbprint of the PDF File. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane-is-not-working/e314f566-0e74-46bb-aa87-f96a7aaa56e8
  7. Preview Pane not working in File Explorer

Preview Pane not working in File Explorer: What can be the reason that at the same folder I can see a preview of some doc's and pdf files, and some of them after click on the file, I can't see the preview at the preview pane. Please your help. Thanks Orna...
  8. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews: None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-image-and-video-previews/71c39d2a-04d5-4f9f-a200-594413d60dac"
  9. Preview is not working in my File Explorer

Preview is not working in my File Explorer: Despite turning on the feature, File Explorer is not displaying the PREVIEW image for .jpgs. I get a generic image icon, not a thumbnal of the actual file. I depend on this feature to fine photos!! Please help me figure out why its not working. is there some hidden...
  10. file auto preview not working in explorer

file auto preview not working in explorer: windows 10 pro I can no longer autoview files of any sort in explorer. started with adobe pdf files which I reinstalled then no files can be previewed...