Windows 10: IMAGE PROPERTIES

Discus and support IMAGE PROPERTIES in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I regularly edit images - suddenly Microsoft has randomly changed some properties - and then tells me I "do not have permission" to access that image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dougthegooner, Sep 19, 2019.

1. IMAGE PROPERTIES

I regularly edit images - suddenly Microsoft has randomly changed some properties - and then tells me I

"do not have permission" to access that image - an image I was working on 10 seconds before.

MY image - MY system - MY computer !!

TERRIBLE - really causes some serious issues - and I know there is an ongoing issue with Microsoft's erratic behaviour when it comes to images.

Somehting that MS do not seem to be in any hurry to rectify.

I realise this post is the 21st. century's equivalent of putting a note in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean -

but when you do not have direct contact with the company that sold you a product - what can you do?

:)

Dougthegooner, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Greedo Win User

Command Line to return image properties

I'm trying to return a text file containing some details about image files in a folder and its subfolders. Specifically:

• File Path
    • Image extension
    • Image Dimensions
    • Date taken
    • Camera Model

These properties might not all be available for every image - I'm not sure if that will be a problem yet.

Getting the list of files is fine; DIR C:\[...]\FOLDER\*.* /S| (I think). It's the next part I'm not sure about; I've found info on other OSs, I've also heard WMIC suggested. I tried to use that with a test on a single file:

But it returns Error: Invalid query so I'm guessing WMIC doesn't work with images, or at least some of the arguments need to change.

I also notice, when I enter wmic datafile get/? that dimensions is not listed as one of the available properties. That's about as much troubleshooting as I know how to do.

So is there a way to return properties of an Image file (or list of files) in windows using the command line. If not, I'm open to anything that doesn't require installing additional software. Any suggestions?

Greedo, Sep 19, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 19, 2019
  4. IMAGE PROPERTIES

Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

IMAGE PROPERTIES

1. IMAGE PROPERTIES - Similar Threads - IMAGE PROPERTIES

2. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  3. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  4. How can I copy and paste image properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I copy and paste image properties.: I want to copy and paste image properties to another application to edit and print for photos given as gifts. I want to edit the properties to show the most important information such as Date, time, location, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, etc. The properties window itself in...
  5. How can I copy and paste image properties.

How can I copy and paste image properties.: I want to copy and paste image properties to another application to edit and print for photos given as gifts. I want to edit the properties to show the most important information such as Date, time, location, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, etc. The properties window itself in...
  6. I can't see the dimensions or other details when viewing image properties.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the dimensions or other details when viewing image properties.: For the past 8 months I've been unable to see the dimensions, bit depth, resolution or any other properties of the images when using file explorer. There is just a blank space....
  7. I can't see the dimensions or other details when viewing image properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the dimensions or other details when viewing image properties.: For the past 8 months I've been unable to see the dimensions, bit depth, resolution or any other properties of the images when using file explorer. There is just a blank space....
  8. I can't see the dimensions or other details when viewing image properties.

9. im not able to locate mirror image in the printer properties ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im not able to locate mirror image in the printer properties ,: Can someone point to the right direction, i need to setup mirror image , but i am not able to locate that fuction in the printer funtion/properties...
  10. im not able to locate mirror image in the printer properties ,

im not able to locate mirror image in the printer properties ,: Can someone point to the right direction, i need to setup mirror image , but i am not able to locate that fuction in the printer funtion/properties...