Windows 10: Image resizing when I open it in photos

Discus and support Image resizing when I open it in photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is a new issue. I have been using the sniping tool on a remote computer that I connect to, saving it as a .PGP and moving it to my computer via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CultureStrange, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Image resizing when I open it in photos

So this is a new issue. I have been using the sniping tool on a remote computer that I connect to, saving it as a .PGP and moving it to my computer via Filezilla. I open the .PGP on my computer in photos, and I now have to zoom to get the image to the right size to screenshot it so I can paste in paint for emailing purposes. I didn't have to resize the image up until about a month or so ago. I have looked through the settings and I don't see anything. Is there something I'm missing??

Oh yea...at the same time this started, when I would open the .PGP on my computer, the background was black. I was able to go into setting to resolve this but can't figure out the resizing issue.

TYIA.

(Gosh I hope I used the right flair for this)

submitted by /u/CultureStrange
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CultureStrange, Aug 16, 2022

2. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    How to resize photo in Windows10?

Hi Man,

Please take note that Microsoft Picture Manager is not supported in Office 2013 or later. You can resize the photos in Windows 10 by editing them using Paint. To resize a photo in Paint, follow these steps:

• Right-click a photo, and then click Edit. The photo will open in Paint.
    • In Paint, click Resize.
    • Under Resize, you can choose if you want to resize the photo by Percentage or
      Pixel.
    • Once you've chosen how you will resize the photo, you can edit the values of
      Horizontal
      and Vertical. If you want to fully customize the size of the photo, you can uncheck the
      Maintain aspect ratio check box.
    • After customizing the values of Horizontal and Vertical, click
      OK.
    • Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Another way to edit a photo in Paint is by using the Select tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open a photo using paint,
    • In Paint, adjust the canvas of your picture to the size you want. You can adjust the canvass by clicking and dragging on the small box around the picture.
    • Once you've adjusted you canvass, click the Select tool.
    • Select the whole image. Make sure that you exactly select the image.
    • After selecting the image, click and drag the small box around the picture to resize it. Make sure that size the canvass and the image is the same.
    • After editing the size of the picture or image, click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Image resizing when I open it in photos

Resizing photos for export using windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Which app/program are you using to browse/view photos?
    • Are you referring to Windows Photos app to edit/resize image?

If you are using Windows Photos app to edit image, I would like to inform you that as of now there are no image resizing option available in Photos app. I suggest you to use other app/program to resize the image (e.g. Paint).

To resize image in Paint, kindly refer the below given link and check if it helps:

Windows help & learning

Note: The above link contains step for Windows 7, but they also applies to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Image resizing when I open it in photos

1. Image resizing when I open it in photos - Similar Threads - Image resizing open

2. Resizing Image using Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  3. Resizing Image using Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  4. Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly: Good morning/evening,I'm having an issue with Microsoft Photos not showing the 3 selection options in Resize Image. It used to have 3 options to select from when I clicked on Resize Image, but now it only brings up "Pixels" or "Percentage" whenever I select the Resize Image....
  5. Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly

Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly: Good morning/evening,I'm having an issue with Microsoft Photos not showing the 3 selection options in Resize Image. It used to have 3 options to select from when I clicked on Resize Image, but now it only brings up "Pixels" or "Percentage" whenever I select the Resize Image....
  6. Can't Open this image or photos

Can't Open this image or photos: Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third party application to open it. I opened it and appeared "Windows can't find 'D: //filename.png' Make sure you typed the name...
  7. Error when open images in Windows Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when open images in Windows Photo app: I am trying to open Windows Photo images but get a file system error-2147163901... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-open-images-in-windows-photo-app/f474c2ef-1e45-44e3-b7bc-3e80b77e27f1
  8. Resizing photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing photos: Our small business depends upon us sending multiple photos to clients, sometimes as many as 20 photos. The files are too big to put in one email without resizing them. Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am unable to find a way to resize multiple pictures. I...
  9. Resizing photos

Resizing photos: I used to use Microsoft photos to resize pictures for email. That option went away with my Windows 10 upgrade. I then used the Paint program for this same function. Now I find that Paint does not allow me to do this either. How do I now resize photos for emailing?...
  10. Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from...