Windows 10: Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer

Discus and support Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think there's something in the jpg, when in folder it it looks like thisIn the Windows Photo Viewer it looked like thisBut if I use other programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonSKun, Sep 30, 2021.

1. DonSKun Win User

Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer

I think there's something in the jpg, when in folder it it looks like thisIn the Windows Photo Viewer it looked like thisBut if I use other programs like paint or photo it looked normalDo you have any sugestion? Except using other program

:)

DonSKun, Sep 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 30, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Looking for folder viewer that shows thumbnails of hidden images

Personally, I copy them all to a temporary folder. Then in a command prompt rename them all in one go with the command ren *. *.jpg. Then it's easy to use Explorer or the old Windows Photo Viewer to skip through them and delete the dross.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 | Tutorials

If you want to generate thumbnails directly, then IrfanView has a Thumbnails tool to do that.

Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer [​IMG]

4. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer - Similar Threads - Image stretched Thumbnail

2. How to restore photo thumbnail images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore photo thumbnail images: All my thumbnail views of my photos have this annoying green box with a checkmark. Where did they come from? How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-photo-thumbnail-images/53181d34-d2bc-42fc-805b-91e405ec452d
  3. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit: I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the...
  4. Photo Viewer Image Compression

Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  5. Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images: I have Microsoft Photos 2020.20090.1002.0 on my Windows Desktop PC.when viewing images, I keep getting this banding/ black banding on the images! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-viewer-banding-on-images/76972653-53b6-452f-ad60-e22a6247ccb3
  6. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer: Hi I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not Photos app. Is there any chance to do it? I use this path: C:\Program...
  7. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  8. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  9. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  10. Can't open photos on image viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open photos on image viewer: Hey guys, I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday. [img] Regards. 82902