Windows 10: image thumbnail problem no more!

Discus and support image thumbnail problem no more! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Many thanks! My question about thumbnails display or not was my first foray into the support community. Awesome to receive such a quick and happily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sunshinebluesky, Feb 2, 2020.

1. image thumbnail problem no more!

Many thanks! My question about thumbnails display or not was my first foray into the support community. Awesome to receive such a quick and happily simple solution. Thanks to DaveM121 and also to others, including Jay Brisbane, who had figured out the solution and shared. Makes the beautiful day we're having here that much more so!

:)

Sunshinebluesky, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Feb 2, 2020
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 2, 2020
  4. image thumbnail problem no more!

Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

image thumbnail problem no more!

1. image thumbnail problem no more! - Similar Threads - image thumbnail problem

2. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  3. No More Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Thumbnails?: I am shocked that thumbnails are not supported in Windows 11. Is this a permanent policy decision by MS or is there a fix in the works. Seeing thumbnails one file at a time is unacceptable and for me it is a show stopper when I cannot see thumbnails of my photos to be placed...
  4. No More Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No More Thumbnails?: I am shocked that thumbnails are not supported in Windows 11. Is this a permanent policy decision by MS or is there a fix in the works. Seeing thumbnails one file at a time is unacceptable and for me it is a show stopper when I cannot see thumbnails of my photos to be placed...
  5. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  6. Folder or image Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  7. How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FarPrune1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbjhvu/how_to_make_the_thumbnails_of_the_whatsapp_images/
  8. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  9. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  10. Problem on image thumbnails

Problem on image thumbnails: Hi, I have W10 updated to may update and last patches. I noticed a small bug. If I visualize a folder with images with the "very large icons" layout, a very large white frame appears around each image. See the following image. [ATTACH] Scrolling down and coming back up,...