Windows 10: Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?

Discus and support Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just encountered an issue with image/video thumbnails. Whenever I would exit a folder and reenter it, the thumbnails would load again. This happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PurgererSupreme, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?

I just encountered an issue with image/video thumbnails. Whenever I would exit a folder and reenter it, the thumbnails would load again. This happened randomly.

I checked that " Show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked and restarted my PC. For now, everything is fine and the thumbnails stay loaded.

Can anyone relate to or tell me why this has happened and how to prevent it in the future? I had the same issue on my 5+ years old PC. My new PC is about 8.5 weeks old and this is the first time that this issue occurred.

submitted by /u/PurgererSupreme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PurgererSupreme, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Senn_ Win User

Folder Thumbnails not loading

So my folder thumbnails dont load and i see this instead of some of the pictures that are in the folder i see this
    Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder? 436f4a42-e6b4-40b0-bb19-81b852a0ce2f?upload=true.png

i did disk cleanup for thumbnails restarted my pc and then i could see the thumbnails in This Pc > Pictures but the subfolders still dont load but other files in there do load like this
    Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder? 1a8321e6-ed05-4942-9c22-91645f55b6c9?upload=true.png
    This only happends in This PC > Pictures and not in for example This PC > Documents

I have windows 10 (not activated)

Senn_, Aug 15, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?

Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

It seems that everytime I enter folders with a large amount of images it needs to reload the thumbnails which can take a while. If I let them all load then come back the thumbnails will be loaded. But if I go back in a few days the same loading will happen. Nevertheless if I go to a totally new image folder I'll have to load the thumbnails again.

Is there somehow a way or a program to scan my pc "autogenerate" the thumbnails of all images it finds and cache them? So that when I view a folder it will load all the thumbnails instantly? Thanks

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?

1. Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder? - Similar Threads - Image thumbnails loading

2. Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails/Images Sometimes Slow to Load On Websites: Windows 10 Home22H2This is my elderly parents computer and while my Dad is fairly computer savvy, he has a tendency to do things he shouldn't and can be forgetful, so it's difficult for me to know exact details regarding when these problems started. I should state that I'm no...
  3. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  4. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  5. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  7. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  8. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  9. Folder Thumbnails not loading

Folder Thumbnails not loading: So my folder thumbnails dont load and i see this instead of some of the pictures that are in the folder i see this [ATTACH] i did disk cleanup for thumbnails restarted my pc and then i could see the thumbnails in This Pc > Pictures but the subfolders still dont load but...
  10. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021