Windows 10: Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug?

Discus and support Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I've been having an issue with certain Windows 10 settings where I would try and do something and the application would automatically scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alec S., Sep 17, 2019.

1. Alec S. Win User

Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug?

Recently I've been having an issue with certain Windows 10 settings where I would try and do something and the application would automatically scroll to the very bottom, not allowing me to scroll up and click on the item I wanted (For example, "Check for updates"). Even more recently, a similar bug happened with Image viewer where it would zoom in all the way, not letting me zoom out. (I also noticed right clicking on apps on the search bar didn't work). At first I assumed it was a virus, but my antivirus didn't detect anything. Starting windows in a Safe/Clean startup mode didn't help and I even tried disabling some other applications during normal startup. I also took note that the bug doesn't happen immediately on startup, there seems to be about a minute delay before the issue occurs without warning. Please help me with this issue, it seems to be a Windows issue since I noticed the first issue I mentioned shortly after an update. This issue is not off-and-on, it has consistently happened with each startup. I appreciate the help, and I'm eager for a response.

:)

Alec S., Sep 17, 2019

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Interesting except I'm using the surface of the tablet itself to Scroll.

I've not coded on Windows in over 10 yrs, here's what I guess is going on:

- Windows interprets my one fingered slow drag as a pinch

- The apps DrawBoard and Edge Interpret a pinch as a zoom

So I'm guessing the bug is a windows problem. I checked both DrawBoard and Edge - there is nothing around zooming for me to disable.

MarkLevison, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    2. Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    3. Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug?

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug?

1. Image Viewer zoom in and Windows settings scroll bug? - Similar Threads - Image Viewer zoom

2. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  3. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  4. Images in picture viewer always zooming in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images in picture viewer always zooming in: Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out. A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there...
  5. Windows Image Viewer settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Image Viewer settings: I just got a Nikon 3500 and uplodaded my pictures from my camera onto my computer. I am currently using the regular Windows 10 image viewer (The one with blue mountains, background and a sun). Everytime I view a photo it shows the regular photo. But after a second or two the...
  6. Scrolling Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Bug: My windows keeps scrolling up on File Explorer and Settings. I tried unchecking "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Personalization settings, but it didn't work. I also tried making my desktop background a solid color, and that didn't work either....
  7. NO SCROLL OR ZOOM OPTIONS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SCROLL OR ZOOM OPTIONS?: Hi, have just purchased an HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2013na with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to invert the touchpad scroll option, currently when I push two fingers towards the screen upward gesture the webpage / document etc scrolls down. I want to invert this so...
  8. image viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image viewer: Hi, the default Microsoft image viewer ("Photos") in Windows 10 is ridiculously heavy. How can i use the default image viewer from Windows 7 in Windows 10? Please help. Thanks!...
  9. Image viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image viewer: I tried to upgrade Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1803, (since the computer were constantly nagging about it). But it didn’t work and now I have lost the image viewer and more. I can no longer open any picture on that laptop. I just get the message “The app didn’t start”...
  10. Zoom settings behave weirdly on Windows 10 default photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Zoom settings behave weirdly on Windows 10 default photo viewer.: The photo viewing program in Windows 10 automatically slightly resizes the photo it's displaying according to the window size. And by slightly, I mean slightly. This doesn't matter with things like a photo of r house or family, but it makes a difference with screenshots. What...