Windows 10: Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?

Discus and support Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so, this is pissing me off way too much. Out of a sudden, today, windows decided to make my image wallpapers stop. I use a collection from OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CatThrowaway_, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?

Ok so, this is pissing me off way too much. Out of a sudden, today, windows decided to make my image wallpapers stop. I use a collection from OneDrive that I constantly update, and that was the case today, downloaded some new ones and stuff, and now, pressing the "next wallpaper" optonoption doesn't work (unless i restart explorer), and frustrated, I tried setting a single-image wallpaper - much to my dismay - the menu quickly goes to "colors", and doesn't let me put a picture, showing me only a black background. After restarting many times, deleting my latest update, deleting and redownloading the wallpaper folder, it is still the same thing. Any help?

---- Idk if this could be the reason, but I downloaded MacOS' 8k big sur wallpaper, and it was the one i tried to set up as an image background. Could I have broken their system?

submitted by /u/CatThrowaway_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CatThrowaway_, Sep 12, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Multiple wallpapers randomly stop working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that there could be a system file corruption on your computer. I suggest you to try the following steps to repair it and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Sfc /scannow

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you run the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any.

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I would also suggest you to create a new Microsoft user account and check if the issue persist. This will help us to identify if your account is corrupt.

Create a user account.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?

Multiple wallpapers randomly stop working

Sangeeta-

Thank you for your reply. There are other wallpapers in that same folder.

The laptop is less than two months old, and the chipset drivers are up to date according to the manufacturers website.

Also, another suggestion was that I might have some file system corruption. I ran SFC and DISM and both came back clean. What is the next step?

Thank you.

Vince

Lightingmaster, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do?

1. Image wallpapers stopped working - What do I do? - Similar Threads - Image wallpapers stopped

2. what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?: Hello I have a fairly new HP laptop with Windows 11 my husband bought an HP printer, a 6400 all in one envy well right now it is really not the envy. It was working fine for a while and Iam not sure what happened but HP ink sent us some ink cartridges we use the 67 cartridges...
  3. what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?: Hello I have a fairly new HP laptop with Windows 11 my husband bought an HP printer, a 6400 all in one envy well right now it is really not the envy. It was working fine for a while and Iam not sure what happened but HP ink sent us some ink cartridges we use the 67 cartridges...
  4. What do i do to the image below

What do i do to the image below: Pls i am confused what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-to-the-image-below/0e15318e-ac1a-426a-824b-12d86870571e
  5. What do i do to the image below

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do i do to the image below: Pls i am confused what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-to-the-image-below/0e15318e-ac1a-426a-824b-12d86870571e
  6. What do i do to the image below

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What do i do to the image below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i do to the image below: What do i do When i am seeing image like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-to-the-image-below/dd68b177-cd02-4a87-adce-33ce85042589
  8. What do i do to the image below

What do i do to the image below: What do i do When i am seeing image like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-to-the-image-below/dd68b177-cd02-4a87-adce-33ce85042589
  9. How do i stop these Pesky daily wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i stop these Pesky daily wallpapers?: I've tried everything to get rid of these hideous wallpapers, and i need to find a way how to stop these. for proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-these-pesky-daily-wallpapers/77b482ae-5c3d-4af8-a0be-0004b40e5ae1
  10. how do i change wallpaper image for lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change wallpaper image for lock screen: The "change theme" doesn't seem to work, I can't edit my custom theme. I could change to standard Windows theme, but not edit the custome theme...