Windows 10: Image with CopyProfile does not work all of the time

Discus and support Image with CopyProfile does not work all of the time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've created a custom image (version 1709) and applied CopyProfile during specialize pass. This worked fine on my reference machine and it works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by falconer, May 29, 2018.

1. falconer Win User

Image with CopyProfile does not work all of the time

I've created a custom image (version 1709) and applied CopyProfile during specialize pass. This worked fine on my reference machine and it works fine when imaging most computers. However, with some computers it does not work... meaning none of the settings get copied to the default user profile, or they get reset when I first log in. Basically, I need to set custom wallpaper/taskbar settings to be applied when a new user is created (without having to log into the account). I can't figure out why it works fine on some computers and not on others, using the same image.

:)

falconer, May 29, 2018
  2. AdamWL Win User

Default User Profile - desktop background not working with <copyprofile>

I am in the process of designing a Windows 10 image for a large deployment.

While in audit mode I have made various customizations to Windows, one of which is the desktop background.

We have a working unattend.xml file with the <copyprofile>true</copyprofile> field set.

After the build process has gone through and I log in to the machine with a new profile, all customizations except the desktop background are present. All I get is a solid black backgound.

The wallpaper image I want is saved to C:\windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows10 and both .png and .jpg file formats have been tried.

The organization does not use roaming profiles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AdamWL, May 29, 2018
  3. janeoct22 Win User
    Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Image with CopyProfile does not work all of the time

1. Image with CopyProfile does not work all of the time - Similar Threads - Image CopyProfile does

2. Time sync does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time sync does not work: Every time i boot my pc after a shutdown or reboot the time always changes to some random and i have to go to settings and manually click the sync now button .please help....
  3. Time sync does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time sync does not work: Every time i boot my pc after a shutdown or reboot the time always changes to some random and i have to go to settings and manually click the sync now button .please help....
  4. Problems with CopyProfile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with CopyProfile: Hi, I'm trying to capture and deploy a custom Windows 10 64-bit Education 1903 (build 18362.449) image for a client and, amongst others, have followed some of the brilliant guides on this forum. I've succeeded in building the reference computer and an autounattend.xml file...
  5. Mouse not working all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working all the time: Hello. I have a laptop and even though i have new batteries in the mouse it dosent always work. Is it possible to use the touch screen only? Or if i can go back and forth between the mouse and the touchscreen? I followed instructions i found using the Device Manager but it...
  6. Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Image Just showing Icon - No IMAGE SHOWING, tried all fixes, DOES NOT work: OK, This is what I see when I go into my Folder. I can not get it to show my the images. (see what I have tried below, with NO Success) [ATTACH]I have tried the following fixes for this and it DOES NOT WORK. (From another Microsoft Post) Hi Mike, We understand that...
  7. CopyProfile on existing computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    CopyProfile on existing computer: I have a coworker setting up now computers and the boss wants her to leave the OEM OS on them. The only thing is, there are customizations that need to be a part of the default profile. I do the imaging here and use CopyProfile then capture the image. How can she do this on...
  8. CopyProfile XML for Start layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    CopyProfile XML for Start layout: Has anyone managed to get customize the start menu and then copying that customization in the default user by using the CopyProfile method? Link: Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev Moreover, has anyone successfully deployed this via SCCM...
  9. CopyProfile in Build 1607 not fully working?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CopyProfile in Build 1607 not fully working?: I've encountered a strange behavior of the CopyProfile feature in Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We typically create our images in Audit Mode on a VM and use CopyProfile in the Answer File to make sure all users have the same visual experience. This includes not only the...
  10. sys image backup does not work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    sys image backup does not work: I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board. I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover my system with the the backup drives I get the message the file format is incorrect ntfs your bios is set to EFI?. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 copyprofile large