Windows 10: Imaged partitioned Drive

Discus and support Imaged partitioned Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Acronised my Hard Drive (boot drive) which is 500 Gig to my SSD. Don't ask me why ASUS had it partitioned (as it does my second 500 Gig Drive).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Maggidon Win User

Imaged partitioned Drive

I Acronised my Hard Drive (boot drive) which is 500 Gig to my SSD. Don't ask me why ASUS had it partitioned (as it does my second 500 Gig Drive).
    Here's what I see when I go to Windows Explorer. The SSD is obviously a clone of my HD, which SSD (C:\) is now showing 122 Gigs free space with a whopping 7.99 Gigs free. I also have an F: drive which is showing 89 free. This again is a Samsung VNand 850 EVO.
    I guess my question would be, does this slow down the SSD or does it not. Obviously, when the first partition (C:\) is filled, it will carry on to the F: and go from there as to adding whatever.
    Is this normal, abnormal or ok. Please advise. Thanks.

:)

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016

2. Clone System Disk Issues

> Are the drive letters correct in recovery console?

Answer to myself. No they are not.

I have managed to get my image to boot from the 1TB hard drive.

To work I made the same amount of partitions as on the original drive. With two dummy 100MB partitions. So the boot drive is on the 4th partition like on the original drive.

So my partition's are now:

System Reserved (100MB)

Dummy E: partition (100MB)

Dummy D: partition (100MB)

C: Drive (Full C Drive image size)

Where I will not assign drive letters to the dummy partitions within Windows.

Repeating process on SDD now. Only difference is the C: drive partition will be shrunk.

I am sure there is probably a better way to fix this in the System Reserved partition in the Boot Configuration Database.

Still have the issue 2 above, where my image thinks an update is still in progress which would also be nice to fix.

AdamDokter, Jun 11, 2016
  3. booting an external drive

For years I’ve used Clonezilla on external drives to create and manipulate drive image backups like this: First, using Gparted I make two partitions on an external drive, first partition 300MB fat32 for Clonezilla live boot, and the balance ntsf partition
    to store the images. Next I use Tuxboot to install Clonezilla onto the fat32 partition. Then I restart the pc and boot to the Clonezilla partition and make a drive image of whatever other drive and store it on the ntsf partition; or I restore an image from
    the ntsf partition to whatever drive. I regularly do this on various Windows pcs - XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, win8.1 Win10. I bought a WD My Passport 2 TB drive and everything goes OK but it will not boot to Clonezilla connected to any usb on any pc as my
    other external drives faithfully do. The only response is that no os was found. I’ve reformatted and reinstalled various Clonezilla versions. I ran WD diagnostics. I’ve used different cables.

So how do I solve this?

I am Equal, Jun 11, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Imaged partitioned Drive

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Maggidon Win User
    I guess my question should be, is there anything I really need to do or just leave it as is. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Imaged partitioned Drive [​IMG]

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    From what I saw, there's nothing wrong with the way it is. You're good to go.

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  7. Maggidon Win User
    So with it partitioned this way, I take from your reply this does not slow the SSD down any more than the HD being partitioned. Thank you so much for your reply and help.

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

Imaged partitioned Drive

No, your HD is 500 GB and your SSD is 250GB so when migrating fromHD to SSD, the free space will be different.

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  9. Maggidon Win User
    Understood. I was thinking at first, when I saw 7.99 Gigs free on the C drive, it might slow it down. I thought I had read somewhere when a Drive is full, it can slow down but I guess the SSD is really not full, since there is over 89 Gigs free.
    Anyway, I appreciate the fact that you're about. It sure gives us novices a measure of comfort when something goes pads up.

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Sorry. Actually, I misunderstood your question. If C: drive only has 7.9 GB left then it is low. I would suggest to move the data from from F: drive to E: drive, delete F: drive and then expand C: drive

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  11. Maggidon Win User
    There actually is no data on F: to move. Presently, when I right click on F, there is no option to Delete. Actually, let me update that. There is 257,593,344 bytes showing on the F: drive. But (remember, you're dealing with a novice) how does one move that info over to the E: Drive and then delete when presently there is no Delete option showing when I right click? Remember, the SSD is an imaged Drive from my old(er) HD.
    Permit me to edit again. In Disk Management I can delete the F: Drive but the Extend Volume is grayed out in each of the Drives when I right click.

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Sorry, F: needs to be next to C: in order to expand C:

Download: Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition and put it in a USB stick using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    Boot up and move the F: partition right after C; Drive then expand.
    Once booted from USB. You'd see a screen similar to the below:

Imaged partitioned Drive [​IMG]

• Right click on F: then select "Delete", F: will become unallocated.
    • Right click on 350MB partition and select "Move/Resize" then drag this partition to right
    • Click "Apply" on the top left to commit the change.
    • Reboot. You should be able to expand C: drive.

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  13. Maggidon Win User

Imaged partitioned Drive

Ok. This appears the only route to take. I find one has to actually buy this program for it to move anything more than one Gig.
    Thank you so much for the info.

Maggidon, Jun 11, 2016
  14. topgundcp Win User
    The link I gave above to download the free version, you need not to buy anything.

EDIT:
    Just open F: drive and copy whatever in there to E:

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  15. Where did you see that? Please give a link ...

Command Prompt (Admin)
    reagentc / info
    Post the results (I expect it to report part 7)

There doesn't seem to be much on Data (F*Smile 88.80 free of 89.04. I agree with topgun - just move what little is there to D: or E: (both seem to be empty).

I'll know better which partitions can be deleted after seeing the reagentc output.

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Imaged partitioned Drive

1. Imaged partitioned Drive - Similar Threads - Imaged partitioned Drive

2. Drive partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive partitions: So windows corrupted on 1 of my drives and it auto changed to a format that can't hold windows and I can't change it back as the system boot partition is still on there and I can't delete it, with everything that I have used it comes up with an error, diskpart, the partition...
  3. partition drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    partition drive: is there a windo store I can take my computer to get it fixed my prob is, my computer crashed but I was able to put it all on the partition drive, but I cant open it up so if I was able to take it to a store how much would it cost...
  4. Partitioning of Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partitioning of Drive: I have only one partition or drive i.e. Drive C on my PC since I bought my PC about 1 1/2 years back. Did I need partitioning my drive after purchase of PC? If yes, can it be done now without deleting my files? My PC is running on Windows 10 Home and Office 365 is installed...
  5. System Image in a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image in a partition: Hi, Is it possible to create a system image into a partition that is in the same physical hard drive? So if I have Drive C with the OS, and Drive D with nothing in it, can I create a system image and put it into Drive D?...
  6. Drives Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drives Partition: My friend installed windows on my laptop and he made partition too wrong. I want to give space to C dive less and other two drives more. How can I extend the partition without installing windows again?...
  7. Question about drive partition ~ see image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive partition ~ see image: Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with partition 3? Thanks for your help [img] 107112
  8. Image of two partitions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image of two partitions: I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes? Thanks 52679
  9. Restoring Windows 10 system image to a different drive partition

Restoring Windows 10 system image to a different drive partition: Hi: I built a new desktop to get Windows 10 as my old hardware with Windows 7 was not upgradable. I have been able to install Windows 10Pro except that I am getting frequent disk errors ( system trying to clean up at boot time). I have another disk and a free partition. I...
  10. Moving System Reserved partition to a different drive | [image]

Moving System Reserved partition to a different drive | [image]: I currently have one drive that contains a System Reserved partition (which includes the boot files). The status is System, Active, Primary Partition. I have another drive with the C: partition. The status is Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive is 1tb but imaged as 500 gig