Windows 10: Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

Discus and support Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Smiley1, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm currently trying to find the cause.

Every day for the past few days, I will end up with broken images, usually involving Facebook, where every image is broken. But yesterday it was also in my gmail inbox, where the buttons showed up as blank and placing a checkmark in the squares beside emails did not show anything. Functionality was there, but the images showing what the functions were to be were blank. When this has happened, it has affected Chrome and Opera, but not Firefox. The only thing that seems to restore the images is if I delete the cache in both browsers (not one, it has to be both or it won't work) for the past week and then restart the computer.

I think it might be a corrupt image in one particular page. I will try not navigating to that page for the next 24 hours and see if the problem happens again. I am thinking of that particular page because the problem first started when I tried to make that my home page in the Chrome browser.

I'm using Hitman Pro Alert, but the problem started happening before I even installed that, so I don't think Hitman is causing it. I am not using any ad blocker extension in Chrome, and this is where the problem first occurs and this is the browser I use the most. When it occurs, I go to Opera to see if it is affected as well, and it always is.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

:)

Smiley1, Jun 4, 2016
  2. debilo_2 Win User

Tips to maintain booklet

I meant the URL bar of the Chrome browser. I found the Chrome browser to be the fastest on the Booklet though Opera isn't bad either.

debilo_2, Jun 4, 2016
  3. AlexDragu Win User
    Stay or leave page panel since installing Windows 10

I meant what browser by Opera, Edge, chrome ect.

AlexDragu, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

1. Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking - Similar Threads - Images Opera Chrome

2. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  3. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  4. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  5. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  6. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  7. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  9. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions: Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56. The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company...
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...