Windows 10: Images in Win 8.1

Discus and support Images in Win 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a number of albums and images on board in Win8. I upgraded to Win10 yesterday and the albums/images did not make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dicklaxt, Sep 13, 2015.

1. dicklaxt Win User

Images in Win 8.1

I had a number of albums and images on board in Win8. I upgraded to Win10 yesterday and the albums/images did not make the trip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there a way to retrieve them or are they gone for good. Yea I know I should have backed them up.

dick

:)

dicklaxt, Sep 13, 2015

2. System Image Backup on Windows 10

Have just moved to Win. 10 from 8.1

I used to run "System Image Backup" in 8.1

In 8.1 new runs of the backup overwrite older versions.

So two questions for Win 10 "System Image backups"

1 Should I delete the Win 8.1 version before starting the Win 10 version?

2 Does the Win 10 version overwrite older copies of the System Image backup?

JohnClarkZV, Sep 13, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Load Image Backup

Hi,

You need to boot with either installation media or a Recovery Disk...

If using Installation media, click on "Repair" on the lower left of the "Install" screen

Select Troubleshoot... Advanced... and then something like Restore From Image...

You might want to make an image of your Win 8.1 first, but that is up to you...

A couple of hoops to jump through...

To reload a Win 10 image you will most likely need to use Win 10 installation media...

Win 8.1 media most likely will not recognize an image created with Win 10..

Your image will also not be recognized if it's name has been changed...

slance310, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Images in Win 8.1

I Installed Windows Photo Viewer

hTconeM9user, Sep 13, 2015
  5. They should be in the window.old file. Look in the root directory of C: (or whatever your systemroot drive is.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  6. dicklaxt Win User
    Thanks I sure hope you are correct,

dick

dicklaxt, Sep 13, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    An update would have moved all of those into your new "Pictures" folder, when you updated did you choose "Custom Install" or did you choose "Update"? Cos Custom Install is basically "Wipe Everything and install fresh".

The way to find out is, are any of your previously installed Programs still installed? If they are, then it must have been a glitch during Update, and your images will indeed be in the Windows.Old folder, under "Users".

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Images in Win 8.1

1. Images in Win 8.1 - Similar Threads - Images

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...: Hi, I've been trying to install windows update but get the error 0x80070643.I've them came across this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI...
  5. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...: Hi, I've been trying to install windows update but get the error 0x80070643.I've them came across this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI...
  6. 0x80070643 / KB5028997: Resize partiton partition to install WinRE: Windows RE image was...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  8. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  9. Just one website not loading images on Surface 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just one website not loading images on Surface 9: Hello,I have problem with only one website https://element.market/ not loading images on Surface 9 i5-1235UOne month ago it was working normal on this PC but now is like on screen shot no images showing.I have update and restart my PC, clear browsing data, clear cookies,...
  10. Just one website not loading images on Surface 9

Just one website not loading images on Surface 9: Hello,I have problem with only one website https://element.market/ not loading images on Surface 9 i5-1235UOne month ago it was working normal on this PC but now is like on screen shot no images showing.I have update and restart my PC, clear browsing data, clear cookies,...