Windows 10: Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

Discus and support Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Let me use this picture of a glass of water at 100% zoom as an example:If I increase the zoom level even just to 110%, the lack of anti-aliasing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Travis Nebeker, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

Let me use this picture of a glass of water at 100% zoom as an example:If I increase the zoom level even just to 110%, the lack of anti-aliasing? becomes apparent, most easily seen in the jaggedness of the rim of the glass: It's not just this one picture - as near as I can tell, Photos is doing this to all pictures not just .jpgs, also to .pngs and, less noticeably, .bmps, and only as of today I don't recall this ever being a problem before, and only at zoom levels >= 100%. The jaggedness also visibly changes but doesn't really improve during the transition between zoom levels.I hav

:)

Travis Nebeker, Mar 31, 2023
  2. sirluca Win User

Photo/WPV default zoom level

Hello guys,
    I wish I could set the default zoom level of my default photo viewer (I can choose Photo app or Windows Photo Viewer or some third program too).
    I want the default program to be able to open/switch within photos at the default photo size (100% zoom of the photo) and not with the default screen size (100% zoom of the screen size).
    Any idea how to do that? Maybe some registry key to edit? Any software to suggest?
    Thanks for your help, Luca.

sirluca, Mar 31, 2023
  3. ARC1020 Win User

Someone else may know of a way to do it with the Photos app or Windows Photo Viewer, but I'm not aware of a way myself. In the Photos app you can double-click photos to toggle between 100% view, which makes it pretty useable. The Photos app used to over-sharpen photos at 100% view, but looking at it just now I think they may have fixed that since.

Occasionally I use FastStone Image Viewer to do things other Image Viewers can't, but I'm no expert with it as I only use it for certain projects. However, I've just looked and it will allow you to view all images at 100% view by default if you want.

Settings > Settings > Viewer Tab > Auto Image Size > Actual Size

Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels 82335d1485967586t-photo-wpv-default-zoom-level-untitled-1.jpg

To scroll through images, double click a thumbnail (which will open it in full-screen viewer mode), then use either the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through images, or moving the mouse to the very top of the screen to bring up the thumbnail list. CTRL + mouse wheel will zoom in and out.

As an image viewer it's pretty hardcore, it's like the software equivalent to a Swiss Army Knife, LOL. They do a portable version too if you just want to experiment with it first without actually installing it. Here's their website:

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

ARC1020, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

Is it possible to disable resampling when zoomed in, In any image viewer?

I view both normal pictures and pixel art on my computer, And I've discovered an issue: When zoomed out with resampling disabled, Attempting to view normal images results in jagged edges, While when zoomed in with resampling enabled, Pixel art looks very blurry. I was wondering if it would be possible to only enable resampling in specific zoom levels.

Essentially, What I wish to happen is that resampling will only happen when the zoom level is below 100%. Is this possible?

I currently use Irfanview (The 64 bit version), But I'd be willing to switch to a different image viewer if it had this feature.

user951789, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

1. Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels - Similar Threads - Images very jagged

2. Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels: Let me use this picture of a glass of water at 100% zoom as an example:If I increase the zoom level even just to 110%, the lack of anti-aliasing? becomes apparent, most easily seen in the jaggedness of the rim of the glass: It's not just this one picture - as near as I can...
  3. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11: Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is...
  4. Text looks very pixelated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text looks very pixelated?: https://imgur.com/a/1U11zeH I checked out ClearType but it didn't fix anything. Why is my text so pixelated blurred? Even when I scroll on a webpage its like its blurry and pixelated. submitted by /u/samhf18 [link] [comments]...
  5. Cursor looks weird and jagged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor looks weird and jagged: I'm using Windows 10 and my cursor looks weird and jagged after my screen turned black and I mashed space to bring back my screen. I even changed the cursor and it still looks jagged! Please help!...
  6. Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image: My issue is my I can open my start menu but when it opens it only shows up as a pixelated image but i can still click the shutdown, restart button and other apps that it is normally shown in there. Other settings shows only a black and blue line as shown in the pictures. Can...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG: Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti. I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better....
  8. Photo/WPV default zoom level

Photo/WPV default zoom level: Photo/WPV default zoom level Hello guys, I wish I could set the default zoom level of my default photo viewer (I can choose Photo app or Windows Photo Viewer or some third program too). I want the default program to be able to open/switch within photos at the default...
  9. Photo/WPV default zoom level

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo/WPV default zoom level: Wrong section of the forum. Please delete this thread. I can't figure out how to do it myself. I re-posted on the correct section. Thanks. 51786
  10. Cursor looks weird and jagged

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor looks weird and jagged: Ok I just got a new computer (asus m32) and installed windows 10 on it, and after installing all my apps and stuff, i added the cursor pack that i always use, and was met with this: [img] , after messing around trying to figure this out, i found that if i open magnifier,...