Windows 10: Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

Discus and support Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Firstly, I apologize advance because..best way describe the reason is... Do not make multiple threads in different sections for the same problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by solid purity, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

Firstly, I apologize advance because..best way describe the reason is...
    I don't quite remember if it was here on Ten or Seven Forums, but I searched all my previous posts & threads (both forums) and wasn't able to find the original post I had made. It seems to no longer exist so, just in case someone remembers reading something like this again; this apology will take affect.

Now, back on topic. I had problems displaying "hidden" images on Windows. I say Windows without a number because this problem is present in both Windows 7 and 10. It's not a common problem like thumbnails not showing, but actual image files don't appear on the screen. I placed quotations because it's special and not referencing hidden files right-clicking properties and ticking the Hidden attribute.

I no longer remember which Win7 build number because I also upgraded my laptop to Win10. Now, both Desktop & Laptop use Win10. However, this desktop was upgraded to version 2004 (May Update) and I left the laptop on 1909. As mentioned already, both versions have the same problem along with the previous Win7 that the laptop was on prior to upgrading.

I use IrfanView for displaying images. Based on the image below, you can see that the image Folder.jpg is no where to be found in Windows Explorer. There's an mp3 file using the exact same image, but that alone is separate from the image item itself.

Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) [​IMG]

I also saw this notice when I tried deleting the whole folder that has many of these "Hidden" images.

Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) [​IMG]

I'm quite curious how these image files are 'system file' type. I have a feeling that this has something to do with un-ticking Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) in Folder Options, but I'll seek some advice first before doing so.

:)

solid purity, Sep 26, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

1. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe) - Similar Threads - Images appearing Explorer

2. Windows explorer window appearence changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer window appearence changed: The appearence of windows explorer changed, I mean the window and side bars of the window. How can I restore it to the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-window-appearence-changed/d3377a0c-74dd-4a82-b4ab-75f7632679ab
  3. Windows explorer window appearence changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer window appearence changed: The appearence of windows explorer changed, I mean the window and side bars of the window. How can I restore it to the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-window-appearence-changed/d3377a0c-74dd-4a82-b4ab-75f7632679ab
  4. Cuorrupted images in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cuorrupted images in Windows Explorer: Hello everyone. I have a Toshiba 5GB external hard drive attached to my Asus All-in-One PC. That drive is also mapped to my local network so I can access the contents from HP- Laptop. I'm cataloging family photos and sometimes work on both PCs depending which room Im in....
  5. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  6. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  7. splwow64.exe - Bad Image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    splwow64.exe - Bad Image: I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help....
  8. Disturbing image appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disturbing image appearing: I am showing the image . It started appearing after latest Windows were installed. This appeared on user account control settings. Same image also appeared when I Tried to delete Cleaner through control panel. I downloaded Microsoft Safety scanner Which was correctly...
  9. ???.exe - Bad image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ???.exe - Bad image: When trying to install a program, I get a pop up window "Windows\System32\DNSAPI.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". How to fix?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-bad-image/e6a912d0-052e-4d57-b2ef-addf81cc1365
  10. Images in this article not appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Images in this article not appearing: I started reading this article and when I get down a little ways into the article, I notice the images inside the article are not showing up. For example, there is no image for Fig A, Fig B, Fig C, etc, etc. Instead, there are buttons appearing marked Fig A, Fig B, Fig...